Which MBP is which

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Check 6, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Check 6 macrumors regular

My macbook pro is aprox. 18 months old, has the matte screen and the plastic body. Is the new alum body the one people refer to as the unibody macbook pro? Sorry for such a simple question

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You don't have a MacBook Pro if you have a plastic body. The computer on Apple's website is the first and only unibody.

3. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

yah. the aluminum macbook and aluminum macbook pro are also called the unibody macbook and unibody macbook pro....because of the the single piece of aluminum that the body is made of

4. RKpro macrumors 6502

Click on the Apple on the top left, select "About this Mac", click "More info.." and tell us what it says beside Model Name, and Model Indentifier. (you'll see it at the top of that window)

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Unibody MacBook Pro
    [​IMG]

Aluminum MacBook Pro
    [​IMG]

White MacBook
    [​IMG]

Unibody MacBook
    [​IMG]

More Information here: http://www.everymac.com/

Menu Bar > :apple: > About This Mac > More Info ... > Hardware > Hardware Overview > Machine Name

[​IMG]

6. Check 6 thread starter macrumors regular

From the pictures, and thanks for posting them, it appears I have the unibody macbook pro. Yes it is a macbook pro but not the new alum one Appreciate the comments, and by the way the screen resolution on the new alum 17inch matta screen macbook pro is fantastic. Probably need to think about upgrading sometime.

7. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

This thread just shows, that most people cant tell if you have a pro or just a reg macbook, let alone a powerbook lol

8. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

LOL WAT

If your MacBook Pro is 18 months old then you do not have the unibody MacBook Pro. I think you're confusing it with just the regular MacBook Pro (previous generation) which is the second picture posted by spinnerlys.

9. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You're confusing.

The new models (MB and 15" MBP released in October 2008 and 17" MBP in January 2009) are called Unibody.

The older MBP models are the Aluminum ones, released as MBPs in May 2006 (and updated once or twice a year until 10/2008) and derived from the Powerbook from 2003 I think.

Aluminum MBP
    [​IMG]

Unibody MBP
    [​IMG]

10. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

So you have the unibody macbook pro, but not the new aluminum one? all macbook pros, and now the new macbook are made from aluminum. The only difference is the new ones(unibodies) are carved from a single slab of aluminum. And if you have the new 17 inch, what is there to upgrade? possibly ram? Thats all really, maybe a hard drive, but c'mon , that machine i already a beast. I really don't think you have any idea which computer you have. Start by looking at what it says under the screen, and than tell us what color your keys on your keyboard are? That will make it easier to identify.