Which MBP model has which keyboard :S ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacBooki, Apr 18, 2011.

1. MacBooki macrumors newbie

Hello im on the search to buy a MBP im very happy and stressed also because i see on youtube videos and pictures people with the keyboard like this with big shift on both sides.

[​IMG]

and i also find other ones with small shift key on the left side like this

[​IMG]

(this is for all models 13 / 15/ 17 inch)
    Sadly the notebook cant be opened before purchase so i cant know what keyboard is inside. The people at the mall had no idea there is a difference..
    I want to get the one with the big shift on both sides how can i make sure i get that one is there a special model or something i can ask for from the shop?

Thank you for your time and help. :apple:

2. akonikui macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

The first image is of a standard QWERTY keyboard that any MacBook/Pro/Air will have if purchased retail (via Apple Store and probably all 3rd parties) in the US.
    The second layout is AZERTY, used commonly in France and Belgium.
    Where will you be purchasing yours? I.e. Likely retailers in which country?

3. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

The image you have shown at the top is the United States keyboard layout.

The second image is the British / International keyboard layout.

Check this page for details on the different layouts - How to identify keyboard localizations

If you are in the US then I would say it's pretty safe that you will get the top one. Same here in Australia.

Going off the layout naming I would assume that in Britain and some other international locations they get the second one, though I don't have the proof to show this.

Hopefully that info helps you!

EDIT: wow didn't even notice that the second wasn't a QWERTY, the Apple site I mentioned doesn't seem to include that layout for English, only some European (Belgium, France etc.)

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Assuming you're in the US, it will come with the US keyboard, so no need to worry.

5. MacBooki thread starter macrumors newbie

Sadly I live in Europe - Greece :(
    Is there a model specific to ask it for on the shop i see there are 2 editions

Apple Macbook Pro MC723GR
    Apple Macbook Pro MC723ZH/A

6. cvs, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

cvs macrumors member

cvs

I have a QWERTY (re the letter keys) with a layout like the second keyboard (vertical RETURN key, etc).

MacBooki, in Greece you can BTO and select what type of keyboard you want, options are the first (US) or the one with Greek keys as shown in Mickbab's link.

Not sure what the stock MBPs have, though, I'll drop by later and have a look.