Which MBP Should I Buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johanhh, Jun 5, 2017.

1. johanhh macrumors newbie

Hi, my name is Johan and i am 15 years old. Right now i am using an old windows pc and i wan't to upgrade. I am not sure whether i should buy the new MPB with or without the touchbar. I will be using the computer for school. I wan't to be able to video edit/photoshop. In my country the MPB without touch bar is 1725 and the one with is 2100. Is the upgrade worth it, and what do you think i should do?

Thank you

2. zone23 macrumors 68000

I bought mine without the TB seems cool but not 300$ cool all the MBPs should have come with it not a over priced option. Also if you have a family member in college you could probably get a discount.

3. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

Wait another day or two until all the new MacBooks have been announced.
    Pricing and options may change a little.

You could also consider the 2015 MacBook Pro 13", they are less money and would last a long time.

4. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

I agree to not make a decision until the new ones are released today.

5. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

For me,the touch bar is kind of useless anyway,for my 13 inch 2015 MBP,I bought the Apple Magic Mouse,works perfect. For photo editing,the best Mac apps are Photoshop (most versions need a subscription) or the cheaper but functional pixelmator app.

6. johanhh, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017

johanhh thread starter macrumors newbie

The old 2015 wih 256 gb would be $2000, and the 128gb would be $1425. So 256gb wouldn't make sense. Do you think 128gb is enough?
    I wasn't even aware that new MacBooks where releasing today, i will wait and see if the price changes.

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

If you want to video edit 4k the 13 inchers will do it but without the quadcore and increased graphics of the 15 inch it will be relatively slow.

To be honest for most editing and daily tasks the tochbar version will make little difference, however you may want to wait for todays announcement before making a decision you may have better options if new MBP's are announced.

8. johanhh thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn, i forgot to tell you, i am considering the 13 inch models.

9. johanhh thread starter macrumors newbie

10. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

For your use case you could do everything with a MacBook Air. Photoshop is not that taxing on a system unless you're working with large scale prints (The kind you put on buildings), which I doubt you'll be doing.

So get whichever one you're able to afford, know that you don't need the excess power however it will make the device last longer for you if you plan on taking it further in life.

Don't worry about 'turbo boost' or anything, that's the clock rate the processor is able to run up to. The boost is higher on a dual core than a quad core, but it's not something to be worried about. You just need something where the base clock rate is sufficient otherwise it'll be running at max all the time and blowing the fans constantly. But again any of the Macs will suffice so just get the best one you can (Which are the more expensive models).