Which MBP should I buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ginds, Feb 21, 2010.

1. ginds macrumors newbie

I am gonna buy my very first MBP, and here's my question: which one should I buy, 13 inch or 15 inch.

I don't run softwares like photoshop or finalcut very often and I will be traveling a lot, so I kind of prefer 13 inch. But I am also 6'3 ft tall, so it might be a little weird since a 13 inch laptop could be too small.

What do you guys think a big guy like me with a 13 inch laptop? Or that I should go for 15 inch which is a bit over my budget but still affordable. No 17 inch coz it's really huge!

2. Angra-mainju macrumors regular

Well, I got 180 cm and I got 13" and I can tell you that for me 15" would be too big, cos u can put ur 13" into any backpack, while the 15" won't get in! U should go to the apple store and have a look at 13 inch and 15 inch. Have a look at the matte vs. glossy screen. I hope that I have helped u

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

For heavy travel I'd much prefer the 13". Not sure your height is any issue.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I'm 170 cm and I have a 17" MBP and even a backpack that accommodates it.
    Is your backpack that small?

5. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

for traveling i would have gotten the 13" when the new model comes out.

6. macjunk(ie) macrumors 6502a

actually..u need to be concerned about the difference in the screen resolutions rather than the height..:)..personally...I have the 15 but prefer the 13..but I am not okay with the resolution offered on the 13...

Anyway...I am hoping that post the MBP refresh (whenever that happens), the 13's screen would be upgraded..