Which MBP should I get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by neboat, Apr 22, 2011.

1. neboat macrumors newbie

I am unsure which MBP I should get...13", 15", high end, low end...?

I do have my heart set on the 15". If I get the 15" I want the anti glare..and really want the SSD from Apple, but 128 gig is too small I am afraid?...but then 256 costs way too much. I will be using the laptop for:

MUST:
    Web dev (CS5, MAMP)
    Learn iPad dev (Xcode)
    Glo Bible

Would LIKE TO but not must:
    bootcamp Windows 7 so I can play some games not on the Mac, like Shogun 2

I will not be storing movies, music, and pics on this laptop. And I am very hesitant on installing optibay for bigger storage...not comfortable with opening laptop and installing stuff.

Appreciate any suggestions

2. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

3. anonymouse99 macrumors regular

Was exactly in the same boat, with requirements like yours. I wanted a 2.2 15", AG but ended up with a 2.3 17" AG. Also ordered the $67 8GB memory from Newegg.

Things I considered:

1. Screen real estate, ended up thinking that the price difference at that high end 17" is only 20% more than what you pay for a 15"

2. AG was a requirement - my preference

3. If portability is at the top of your list, get a 15" - for me, I don't carry this everywhere. I did not find the 17" to be too heavy. I think it is awesome for my needs.

4. I also wrestled back and forth between a 2.0 15" but in the end it made sense to buy the fastest machine, I want this one to last the next 4-5 years and wanted to be on the leading edge of processing power.

5. I'll get an SSD when it is more affordable with higher capacity units.

Good luck with your buying decision.