Which MBP to purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbeau, Jun 19, 2017.

1. mbeau macrumors newbie

I do mainly admin work using Office programs, Quickbooks, etc. I have an iMac that I use daily, but am looking to purchase a Macbook Pro for portability since my iPad isn't cutting it for what I need. I am trying to decide between the new low end 13" without touchbar or purchasing a refurbished 2015 or 2016. I will be using it for several years, so am a little concerned about going with the 2015. Any input would be appreciated.

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

Any of them is ample for your needs. Depending on how long you intend to keep it makes the difference on which to buy. Obviously the newest will last the longest in real terms.

Something to consider though are the ports, if you're only using it for office work the USB-C ports might get on your nerves (Little things like transferring files using a flash drive for instance). These things can be overcome but right now it could be worth getting a 2015. If you're aware and happy about this potential extra cost (Few adapters and stuff to carry in the interim) then grab the newest one you can.