Which MBP to use?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by UserNorwich, Jul 14, 2009.

1. UserNorwich macrumors newbie

I am a student who wants to buy a MBP but can't decide which model to buy?

Was wondering whether the 15'' MBP is worth the extra money or whether the 13'' MBP would do a sufficient job for internet, email and work.

Plus does anyone find the 13'' model too small.

Thanks.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

How about we try to learn how to use mroogle.

13" Sounds fine given your needs. The only way to determine if said display is too small is too go find out yourself. We all have differing opinions.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

To be fair, while I thought that was hilarious, most those threads do not pertain to the OP's question. Almost all of them have to do with the processor difference on the 13", not the 13" vs. 15" debate...which of course gets covered a couple of times a week.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Hmm...while given that the 15" has an additional screen space, I would say that's more relevant to the threads over debating the slight differences in processors which get resolved by saying "most users will notice no difference."

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Stock answer:
    - look at the specs - you get another 2 inches and more options with the 15 inch
    - If you want it and can afford it, go for it.
    - You can't update the CPU or graphics of the MBP really, nor screen size! You can always easily upgrade the Hard drive and memory at a later date.

13 is perfectly adequate for internet, email and light work usage (depends what you want to do with it) - to be honest the polycarbonate white MacBook fits the general specs you give, let alone the MBP.