which mbp?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stevoeddz, Sep 21, 2008.

1. stevoeddz macrumors member

im looking to buy a 15 in mbp. i dont know whether i should get the low end 1 or the high end 1. im gonna be using it for final cut express and im gonna be playing some games on it...wow and spore. also im gonna use bootcamp to run halflife and counter strike.

2. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

If you're going to be editing video, then the larger and faster hard drive of the high-end model will serve you well.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. Freewayjim macrumors regular

Freewayjim

I would agree with that. I run FCE4 and Windows XP through Parallels just fine
    on my 2.33Ghz 120GB HDD (5400 RPM) 15" MBP (with an external monitor)

Whatever you end up buying be sure to upgrade to 4GB of RAM

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Macbook Pros are expected to be updated in the near future. If you care, then wait.

6. Bobeder9 macrumors member

Get the best you can afford. Technology is updated in the near future so if you need a system now get it now. The low end MBP would be plenty powerful for you, but the faster processor version with more VRAM wouldnt hurt, especially for gaming.

A regular MacBook runs Final Cut Express smoothly.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

A lot of people here seem to be saying low end, I will say buy the best you can afford. Why buy low end and upgrade sooner?

As others have stated I would go with the faster harddrive. You WILL notice a difference. A nice option too if you will be having large amounts of video is the setup I have below:

[​IMG]

I have a 5 drive enclosure hooked via express card slot to the computer where I store all my big fat files. Its a great (and fairly portable if you dont take the drives) setup.