which MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tim2006, May 20, 2010.

?

which mbp

1. 15 inch standard res i7

28 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. 17 inch antiglare i7

27 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. tim2006 macrumors 6502

which would you buy

1) cost does not matter
    2) not a travler

15 is glossy/ 17 is antiglare. has to be one of those 2 machines cant mix and match specs.

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Why one glare and one anti glare? If you go with the 17 the screen will be a high resolution to begin with. So if you don't want that high a detail just get the 15.

3. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

15" antiglare. I have know idea why you think only the base 15" and antiglare 17" are worth considering.

4. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

If you're going to stay indoors, go glossy - its worth it.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I really don't think any glossy is worth it.

6. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

That's more of an opinion. Glossy has crispier and much more vivid colors with deeper blacks. Its a dream for colors to be on.

Also, the matte comes with a silver bezel I personally don't like because, like last generations, it ends the display glass at a point and extends out. To me it looks old and doddering.

[​IMG]

The black bezel on the other hand is a perfect continuity of glass, all the way through the corner.

[​IMG]

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I really think that is false, every glossy I see at the Apple store looks like crap. The mattes are so much easier on the eyes and look crisper and sharper.

8. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

The Glossy looked better to my eyes and that's what matters...The PQ on my i5 15" (Samsung) Glossy looks just like the PQ on my 55" Samsung LCD which is stunning and the colors REALLY pop...The AG to me looked sharp but the colors seemed muted...good for photography editting but I don't want to watch movies and tv on it and I watch a lot of movies and tv...to each his own...some like or need the AG...Me (and my eyes), I like the Glossy...plus, I like the glass with the black bezel:cool:

9. iamrawr macrumors 6502

iamrawr

Tough choice. Why would one go for anti glare if he is not a traveler? Anywho... I'd go with the 17" then

10. AndrewCjDuong macrumors member

cost doesn't matter and your not a traveler. get the 17 inch then. duh... infact. buy both if your not sure:p

11. tim100 macrumors 65816

didnt know anti glare was just for traveling. do must home dwellers using a notebook as a desktop replacement use glossy over anti glare?

12. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

“Talking to you in robot voice”

SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST……….IT DOES NOT MATTER WHICH ONE YOU GET………THEY ARE BOTH GREAT MACHINES……..VISIT AN APPLE STORE AND TEST RUN THEM…………

13. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Why not get the 15" High-Res Antiglare? Do you think it will be hard on your eyes? It will definitely not be. I think it is actually EASIER to see. I don't get your options at all, they don't make ANY sense whatsoever but do as you wish...I guess...

14. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

If you think colors on glossy look like crap, most people including me would say you're living in your own delusional, dream bubble filled with denial. Have your eyes checked up.

Your "looks like crap" statement is again just another opinion, it doesn't have any specific factual meaning, doesn't make any sense. If you really should, atleast learn to make points in an argument.

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If cost didn't matter why don't you just buy both?

16. millertime021 macrumors 6502a

millertime021

+1

17. tim100 macrumors 65816

the black bezel does look better. does the glass protect the screen from the keys on the glossy?

the antiglare screens this gen are brighter

18. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Yes, sure, they don't touch in the first place.

19. tim100 macrumors 65816

went to apple store again. off screen viewing of the glossy was difficult due to the glare while i had no problem with the antiglare.

there was only 1 antiglare 17 on display. i had been to an another apple store a few weeks ago and they had 15 antiglare on display to next to a glossy 15.

my guess is most people will pick up the glossy.

this happened to tvs a few years ago when everything went glossy.

for me the anti glare looked brighter and had almost no glare.

20. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

If cost and portability don't matter I'd say the 17" i7 with glossy. Personally I don't like the matte screen and think the black bezel looks much better. Use mine indoors a lot and never have issues with reflections.