Which messenger bag is right for me?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by matbook101, Aug 29, 2011.

1. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

Hello, just wanted to ask what would the best messenger bag for my needs? I carry around: Macbook 13", Macbook Air 13", iPad 2, iPhone 4, 1 charger for macs, 1 charger for iPhone/iPad, and a kindle.

Thanks,
    matbook101

P.S. Preferably under $50 but up to $150 is acceptable.

2. flappinfish macrumors newbie

messenger bag

Check out these bags made by Tenba. There designed as messenger/camera bags and therefore are well built and heavily padded. Very ingenious top access zipper so one can easily access laptop, phone, camera etc without undoing the flap. I like mine alot. Cheers.

http://www.tenba.com/

3. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I like BBP's Hamptom Hybrid. Small or medium may suit your needs. There's one padded top-zipper slot big enough for your Macbook. On top of the flap are three pockets, any of which can hold your iPhone 4, easily. Open up the flap, the there's a smaller pocket that you can store your iPad/iPhone charger in. behind it is an even larger pouch, certainly large enough for a bigger charger (i.e., your Macbooks' chargers).

I think the only slight problem may be in the lack of partitioning in the primary pocket. You'd be putting your Kindle, iPad 2, and MB Air in here, so they would be packed together without much padding between, unless you use cases/sleeves for them.

4. matbook101 thread starter macrumors 6502

matbook101

Woe. I really like that bag, I think i'll end up getting it. As for padding between the Kindle, iPad 2, and MBA I have a porfolio-type case for the kindle, smart cover w/ clear back case for the iPad, I don't have anything on the MBA though. Just to make sure again, this hold the regular macbook 13", MBA 13", iPad 2, and kindle right?

5. t0rr3s macrumors 6502

t0rr3s

Just a note to anyone who is considering a booq boa nerve. I carry my mbp 15" and charger in a boa nerve (L) and can safely say I've developed muscles just carrying this thing. A workout everytime I lug it.

6. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

It will be able to hold all of those. You have one padded section dedicated to a single laptop, which would most likely be your macbook since it's the largest. In the main pouch, your Air, iPad 2 and Kindle would fit perfectly fine. Not sure about the Air, but you could easily place your Kindle and iPad 2 side by side in the bag. I have medium-sized Hamptoms, and it easily fits multiple textbooks and notebooks much larger than those items.