which messenger bag

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ScottDrummer, Jul 5, 2007.

1. ScottDrummer macrumors 6502

2. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

out of the two, purely on looks, I'd go for the first one.

Pity the Brenthaven Trek backpack doesn't fit the 17" MBP, as that is a stunning bag.

3. ScottDrummer thread starter macrumors 6502

cheers scott.
    A local brumy i see, are you in the band "the math" per chance?
    the techair looks a decent size but dosnt seem to be able to hold much else
    wheras it looks like you can get a MPB and the kitchen sink in the pokora

4. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

I like the second one better.

The first one looks too plain, sporty and clichéd. If you want a sporty messenger bag, get a nice one from Nike, Puma or lesportsac. Over here in China Nike sells vintage/casual stuff and I got this really nice old-school looking black cotton Nike messenger bag that has a compartment for a notebook... then again, it's not very sturdy. Depends on what you need, I guess.

IMHO computer bags, notebook bags, computer backpacks and other stuff made by tech companies for carrying around your computer look AWFUL, even if it is a messenger bag. If you want style, buy a notebook bag from a more fashionable company. But if you want more function and protection, stick with the tech brands.

Something like this is nice, from Nike: http://www.ebags.com/products/index.cfm?modelid=76013&sourceid=NXTAG00001

5. J'aime macrumors member

I really like Timbuk2 bags they're tough as nails and you can customize the colors/accessories you want.