Which mobile hotspot for office use?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by danpass, Mar 1, 2013.

1. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

and your experience with it. lot's of fractured info online from what I've found so far.

we have a small office and I believe it is under 5jeebees per month in download. The att wired dsl has become unreliable despite multiple calls and tech visits and strangely no other vendor (Comcast, etc) services this location.

at the moment, because of the unreliability of the wired connection, I have my ipad mini verizon with personal hotspot activated. with the USB dongle wifi thingy installed I have the work tower PC computer operating as normal.

So now I am seriously considering dropping the wired connection altogether and going with a mifi/something.

2. LotusLord macrumors 6502a

LotusLord

The Capital of the Land of Cheese and Beer
    How many connecting devices? We have 2 AT&T Sierra Wireless Elevate devices that we use (one frequently leaves with the owner of the company when he travels) mostly to troubleshoot communication issues, and they work great, but are limited to 5 connected devices at a time.

3. danpass thread starter macrumors 68020

danpass

there are three desktops and sometimes two cellphones and two ipads.

I was hoping it would be possible to get the wireless router to hook up to the mifi somehow.