Which model are you buying?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Chupa Chupa, Jan 28, 2010.

?

Which iPad model are you buying or leaning towards buying

Poll closed Feb 7, 2010.
  1. 16GB w/o 3G

59 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. 16GB w/ 3G

20 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. 32GB w/o 3G

54 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. 32GB w/ 3G

35 vote(s)
    13.4%
  5. 64GB w/o 3G

30 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. 64GB w/ 3G

63 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

For those of you that are "in line" to buy an iPad which one are you going to get or leaning towards? Curious to see which model is the most popular here -- no holds barred, middle of the road, or value.

2. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

I'll buy the one that works on the Verizon network, or none at all.

3. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

i'm not buying this crap. i'll stick with the updated iphone and a solid computer (mbp).

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I want one but don't really need one. No doubt about it. Thought that with my iMac I could sell my MacBook and get one, but probably won't do that either. Not sold on the AT&T 3G thing. Just what I need another $15-30 a freakin' month recurring. I really hope AT&T offers a bundled iPhone/iPad data plan add on for those already with them with iPhones. I can't really use both at the same time anyway. Either that or tethering.

Space: I usually go for max capacity so I don't shortchange myself. And 64GB is sexier than 16. But I also don't need all my music, a lot of photos, and some movies everywhere I go. There is syncing. So I may get a Rev. A to have it but go with a low end version. Or maybe a 32 just for some extra space. I know I could get the 3G and not add the service, or get it later or cancel it but still have it if I need it, rather than the other way around. I don't see myself deciding till I get to play with one in store. And find out more about AT&T's offerings.

5. kroeks macrumors regular

no no, WHICH model are you buying from the iPad, he ment

6. kroeks macrumors regular

i'd go for the 32gb. I love sitting in the middle

7. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

I'm still trying to decide wether I need 3G or not. The whole point of this device is mobility and connectivity, so wouldnt it make sense that internet would always be connected?

On the other hand, the 3G models will be out later than the wifi only, the more $ doesnt affect me either way. Just not sure if i'd need it... but it may be something that I need once I don't have it and I'd rather not be stuck in that position.

8. Ca$hflow macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

9. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No, I specifically excluded a "not buying" category b/c I'm not interested in those that are not buying. I'm interested in what model is most popular among actual buyers.

10. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Right now I plan on getting the 32GB non 3G. I would probably prefer the 3G version but I don't want to wait the extra month to get it.

11. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

12. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

This thread is for people who actually plan on getting an iPad. Frankly I think it's time for all the iPad bashers to move on. You've had your fun. I'm looking for some intelligent discussion of the features of the iPad. Not just "Fail" over and over and over.

13. Mr Bigs macrumors 6502a

Mr Bigs

I agree if your not feeling the i-Pad move on.

14. Espionage32 macrumors regular

16gb Wi-Fi! I'm going to buy as a gift for someone who doesn't have a smart phone and or laptop.

15. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

Dude, I didn't mention "fail", so back off. If you start a thread, be PREPARED and WILLING to hear ALL responses.

16. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Dude, read the thread and don't post useless responses that have been asked and answered.

17. Anteros macrumors member

I will get the cheapest version 16gb, wifi, next year when they release a new version I will probably get the 3g with more storage.

18. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I still want to play one before I decide on buying it but I'm torn between the 16GB or 32GB w/o 3G.

19. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Dude yourself, I didn't start the thread.

20. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I would lean toward the 64GB model with 3G.

I have a ton of HD content that would look really nice on that screen.

21. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

I stand corrected on you not being the OP.

22. Hawkwind macrumors member

64 3G for me, although the 3G bit needs clarifying for those outside of the U.S.
    3G because my boss won't even know that I'm fishing at a lake somewhere :)
    64gB because I like my music at a decent bitrate.

23. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Then why are you even in the iPad forum? There's a place to go talk about the iPhone, current and upcoming, and same for MBPs. Why come here and complain if you already know you don't like the product? You aren't making an constructive comments, you are simply repeating that you don't want and don't like this device. We get it.

Ya, I figure in one or two gens the 3G/GPS will be in all of them, storage will be doubled across the board, front facing and maybe a back facing cam added, plus a few other things we aren't thinking of now. Go with the cheap version for revA and trade up in 18-24 months.

24. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

Forums are not just for the fanbois. Get used to it.

25. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I am actually doing a lot of shifting.

1. 64GB WiFi + 3G. This will be replacing my Kindle DX and will be my new portable, replacing my Air. I will be developing in house apps to perform the functions I normally would on my air.

2. 16GB/32GB WiFi (maybe 3G). This will be replacing my fiancee's Kindle. I will be shifting my Air to her and taking her Uni Macbook classic as my new test/development machine. This iPad will also be the living room pad for other functions.