Which model did you purchase?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by delude, Oct 20, 2008.

?

Which MacBook Pro model did you buy?

1. New 15" 2.4GHz - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 256MB

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. New 15" 2.53GHz - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. New 15" 2.8GHz - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. Older MacBook pro

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. delude macrumors 6502

Hey there.

I was just wondering which MacBook Pro model you purchased, and your reasons for doing so.

Thanks!

2. donbadman macrumors regular

3. delude thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks donbadman for the reply, and thanks everyone else for voting!

I'm not sure if anybody could answer this, but how long do you think the 2.4GHz Pro would last in terms of technology? I found it hard to save up an extra £250 to go from the Top MacBook to the 2.4GHz Pro (which i will be buying soon) but could not stretch out another £350 for the 2.53GHz model. I would hope that the 2.4 would last at least 3 years, being able to handle new operating systems and programs etc.

What do you think?

Oh, and keep the votes comin' in! :)

4. Cloudane macrumors 68000

Cloudane

Lower end model here. Same here, I was umming and ahhing between the high end Macbook and the low end Macbook pro. In the end, I'm glad to have gone for the pro, having seen the side-by-side comparisons of the viewing angles - you do get a poorer screen on the MB.

But another £350 would've been rather difficult, couldn't justify it for the extra 0.13GHz and 256 of video memory. The other upgrades - RAM and HDD - I can do myself sometime down the line when it starts to feel "slow" compared to modern machines.

I think it'll last just fine. As a benchmark my 4.5-year-old 1.33 G4 still doesn't seem bad, it was only in the last year or so that it started to show its age when trying to play higher resolution videos. And that was the PowerPC platform, which I never thought was all that impressive in the first place.

The Intel stuff seems to stay useful for even longer. I have a 4 year old PC which is just about as fast as the 1 year old one I replaced it with!

HDD, RAM and Snow Leopard ought to be enough of a boost when the time comes.

5. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

6. delude thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah *****. Thanks for that, I did search but I think I was being too specific, hence nothing coming up that I wanted:eek:

@Cloudane - Thanks very much for that. Exactly what I wanted to know :D