Which monitor would you buy?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Lex365, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Lex365 macrumors newbie

The LG 34UC98 or Dell U3415W? I currently have an Apple Cinema 30 display and have used it for the last 6 years to play online poker but I am looking for an upgrade to go with my new MacBook Pro when it arrives. There is also the LG 27UD88 but I cant really say 4k resolution will make any difference for what I use it for so I will be losing screen space albeit with better resolution.

Anyone have any experience with the above?

2. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Yup, bought a U3415W just the other week. I also considered the LG but I have had a much better experience with both Dell's quality control as well as customer support.

The whole curved screen did take a day or two to get used to, but I have become very accustomed to it now. I too considered 4K, but much like yourself didn't really see the real world gains. I'm actually a graphic designer and, although I'm sure the I'd love the higher resolution, the extra real estate for tools really attracted me.

As with all Dell monitors it comes with a plethora of ports and cables so you should be able to use it the moment it arrives.

Attached Files:

3. Lex365 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Bob for the detailed reply!

I was ready to pull the trigger on The LG but I think I am going for the Dell U3417W. A slightly slimmer bezel and more aggressive curve than the 15W. Also its around £50 cheaper with 2 years more warranty.