Which Mount For The Car is Best?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by HappyDude20, Jan 6, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'd like to film myself while i'm driving so am looking for an easy and low priced solution for a video camera mount. I've found these 2 on eBay for and am wondering as to which may be the best.

Both are held through suction am my concern lies in two areas:

1. The angle(s) i'll be able to get with the mount (1st link seems a bit limited)
    2. The mount that will contribute to the least amount of shaking/vibration while driving

http://cgi.ebay.com/Suction-Mount-T...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27adb70cda

http://cgi.ebay.com/Suction-Mount-T...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27add3992c

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Is it even legal to be driving with a camera like that on your dash?

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'm trying to be more safe instead of holding the camera while driving like all the other fools recording themselves on YouTube. I'd press record before driving or at a stop sign and not worry about it. I know many ppl that take photos w/ their digital cameras.

There's no way I record myself, holding a video camera point at me while i'm driving.

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

i think im biting the bullet and getting the 1st one.

:D

5. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

$6 is hardly biting the bullet. What do you have to lose but the price of a cheap lunch? Please come back here and post a review.

6. Tommeh macrumors member

I've got one like those. It's not really enough for trackdriving but for the road it' s fine. I have a SanyoHD1010 which is a gunstyle camera zo I have to mount it up side down. That's not really an issue though as you can invert the image with almost a single click.

7. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

How's the quality with your Sanyo?
    What editing program do you use with it to flip it around? I figured I may have to do the same myself.