Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I'd like to film myself while i'm driving so am looking for an easy and low priced solution for a video camera mount. I've found these 2 on eBay for and am wondering as to which may be the best.

Both are held through suction am my concern lies in two areas:

1. The angle(s) i'll be able to get with the mount (1st link seems a bit limited)
2. The mount that will contribute to the least amount of shaking/vibration while driving

http://cgi.ebay.com/Suction-Mount-T...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27adb70cda

http://cgi.ebay.com/Suction-Mount-T...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27add3992c

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Is it even legal to be driving with a camera like that on your dash?

I'm trying to be more safe instead of holding the camera while driving like all the other fools recording themselves on YouTube. I'd press record before driving or at a stop sign and not worry about it. I know many ppl that take photos w/ their digital cameras.

There's no way I record myself, holding a video camera point at me while i'm driving.

Tommeh

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
i think im biting the bullet and getting the 1st one.

:D

I've got one like those. It's not really enough for trackdriving but for the road it' s fine. I have a SanyoHD1010 which is a gunstyle camera zo I have to mount it up side down. That's not really an issue though as you can invert the image with almost a single click.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I've got one like those. It's not really enough for trackdriving but for the road it' s fine. I have a SanyoHD1010 which is a gunstyle camera zo I have to mount it up side down. That's not really an issue though as you can invert the image with almost a single click.

How's the quality with your Sanyo?
What editing program do you use with it to flip it around? I figured I may have to do the same myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.