which mouse and which keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zoran, Oct 16, 2010.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Im about to get an iMac but i dont really want that magic mouse thats given free with the it because i dont want that extra bluetooth radiation, nor do i want that cordless bluetooth keyboard for the same reason.
    So im thinking of getting the mighty mouse instead and the numeric keypad keyboard.
    Id like your views on this

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

What do you mean? Does the Bluetooth interfere with the other devices? I don't think there is any proof anywhere that Bluetooth is harmful to you either, so I'm not sure what you mean by that.

3. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

bluetooth is hazardous. you also have to watch out for wifi, cordless phones, microwave and the tv too.

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Really? New to me. I thought it was okay. I knew Microwaves were dangerous (that's why they're sealed) and WiFi can make some people ill, but I never knew the other stuff was a hazard as well.

5. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

:D

6. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I like the wired apple keyboard w/Num pad. Very nice keyboard to type on.
    For mouse, I like the Logitech Performance mouse MX... It has nice amount of buttons, ergonomic. It isn't bluetooth, but it uses rf for wireless.

That being said, you don't have to worry about bluetooth radiation. If you worry about that you should worry about wifi as well.... Or even the amount of radiation your computer is putting out this exact second...

7. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Apple keyboards are good, not tried their new mouse much but i have the Logitech VX nano. Very good :)

8. Waldszenen macrumors member

There's not a shred of evidence that Bluetooth, Wifi or any other radio waves of that kind are hazardous for you. You could tape a ferret to a router for its entire lifespan and nothing detrimental will happen to it.

9. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

Taping a ferret to a router for its entire life seems detrimental to its health IMO :eek:

10. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

We've had this discussion before, it's difficult to change someone's belief over something concerning their health and anything that hasn't been 100% ruled out like wireless radiation. Perhaps it's the term 'radiation' (to some it means 'Chernobyl' but all it means is 'spreading out').

I'm still going to make my point: if you live anywhere remotely near a built up area, including suburbia, you'll be exposed to so many other forms of EM. Everything that uses electricity gives of EM, the transformer for your house power, your car, radio, phones, speakers, microwaves. You'll have to move to a remote farmhouse, literally. Bluetooth is ULTRA low voltage, mobile phone towers from a few miles away probably have more power at that range than a BT mouse.

But in any case: Apple gives you the choice: wireless KB/Mouse, or wired KB/Mouse. You don't want the bluetooth ones, so you're left with only one option, what is there to discuss?

(The Mighty Mouse sucks btw).

11. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

why does the mighty mouse suck?

12. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

The scroll ball clogs up and stops scrolling.

13. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

"clogs up" means?

14. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Lint/dust, crap from your finger tips builds up, sticks to the scroll ball and over time it becomes less responsive. You can clean it with a cloth and alcohol.

15. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

ok, so its nothing it cant be fixed, and this is a reason not to get the mighy mouse?
    and for that matter is the magic mouse so mutch better? if so, in what way?

16. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

The tracking of the mighty mouse isn't great either, doesn't feel as accurate as other mice. Plus some people have problems with the right click as you have to take your other finger off the mouse for it to work

17. Waldszenen macrumors member

If you're comfortable with being around Bluetooth devices (which you have every reason to be), the Magic Mouse is brilliant - once you install Magic Prefs and BetterTouchTool. You can use those apps to create your own personal clicks/gestures to do practically whatever you want it to, and it lets you increase tracking speed as well.