Which mouse for (17") Macbook Pro

okizen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
Can I use my favourite USB windows mouse on a MBP(17") or would I have to use an "Apple" mouse?

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I respect that your preference is a mouse.

Yet I'd highly encourage you to learn how to use the touchpad. It's one of the best features to date. I find it so fast, accurate, functional & fun, I cannot imagine not using it.

A mouse robs one of most of the functionality that sets OS X apart from earlier versions.

That's my take on it. :)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I respect that your preference is a mouse.

Yet I'd highly encourage you to learn how to use the touchpad. It's one of the best features to date. I find it so fast, accurate, functional & fun, I cannot imagine not using it.

A mouse robs one of most of the functionality that sets OS X apart from earlier versions.

That's my take on it. :)
Likewise, I respect that your preference is the trackpad. However, in the vast majority of scenarios, a mouse is much, much faster and far more accurate than any trackpad. For overall speed and efficiency, the trackpad is no match for a mouse.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Likewise, I respect that your preference is the trackpad. However, in the vast majority of scenarios, a mouse is much, much faster and far more accurate than any trackpad. For overall speed and efficiency, the trackpad is no match for a mouse.
Good point. I agree.

If speed is the focus I like to employ keyboard shortcuts, but that's more a reflection of my long time computer use. It's all personal preference and what ones used to.