Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

officerdick

macrumors regular
May 4, 2006
I like my MX 518, you could try logitechs G5 with "lasers". But i don't know about the comaptibility.

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
I love the MMs but it can be so frustrating if the scroll ball stops working. I have found that generally you can get it working again (rubbing alcohol works sometimes), specifically if it was just a little bit of dust or grime that clogged it up... it really doesn't take much.

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2007
I've been using a Logitech MX Revolution cordless laser with their clutch scroll wheel for a month now, best mouse ever. Has full OSX software support, and awesome battery life with built in lithium ion. It's never missed a beat.

KJdanReuben

macrumors regular
May 22, 2007
I use a Logitech MX Revolution. Best mouse I've ever used! The scroll wheel is awesome! And, it has excelent batter life. I probably charge mine once every two weeks or so.

fleacat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Los Angeles
:)
Thanks for the nice replies. I will check out MX revolution. Probably buy it from Amazon.

I love the design of MM but my hand/wrist feel uncomfortable. MX revolution looks comfortable.

Thanx guys.

hankolerd

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Seattle, WA
Sounds like you made a decision, but if you haven't, one more vote for the mx revolution. I've had it since spring, and it's great. I am a little unimpressed with the SetPoint software Logitech sends with it. Sometimes it will reset your settings, not completely, but just certain buttons. Like I have the tilt on the scroll wheel as my volume adjustment for everything by my web browsers, but sometimes it resets it to side scrolling to everything. But it works great with OSX. I set the thumb wheel to the application switcher, and the thumb wheel button show all windows. I set the scroll wheel button to dashboard, and the next and last keys to next and last track in itunes(by downloading GimmeSomeTune it makes command+option+right go to next track no matter what program you are running(except fullscreen games, etc.)) and the search button i have set to spotlight, but you can set it to open your web browser and go to google. or do anything else you want. I tried to assign it to command+option+D, so I could hit it to look up any word in dictionary, but for some reason it won't work.
Anyway, the mouse is great, I recharge it about once a week, which is much better than switching batteries once a week. I don't know what they are running now, I got mine for $100, and I think it was worth it.
The Mighty Mouse scroll wheel is unbeatable, except for that it hangs up easy with dust.:apple:

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
I'm using a Razer Diamondback, it is the BEST mouse I've ever used I would highly recommend anyone to get one of these mice asap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.