which mouse is the best one for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fleacat, Oct 16, 2007.

1. fleacat macrumors newbie

fleacat

I am looking for a good mouse for my macpro. Do you have any recommendations? :confused:

2. 23am macrumors regular

23am

I'm using a transparent black Apple Pro Mouse atm. :) Really nice in all ways.

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

The wired mighty mouse is my favourite. MM's have their flaws, but I still consider them 'best for Mac'.

4. officerdick macrumors regular

I like my MX 518, you could try logitechs G5 with "lasers". But i don't know about the comaptibility.

5. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

I love the MMs but it can be so frustrating if the scroll ball stops working. I have found that generally you can get it working again (rubbing alcohol works sometimes), specifically if it was just a little bit of dust or grime that clogged it up... it really doesn't take much.

6. RevToTheRedline macrumors 6502a

RevToTheRedline

I've been using a Logitech MX Revolution cordless laser with their clutch scroll wheel for a month now, best mouse ever. Has full OSX software support, and awesome battery life with built in lithium ion. It's never missed a beat.

7. KJdanReuben macrumors regular

I use a Logitech MX Revolution. Best mouse I've ever used! The scroll wheel is awesome! And, it has excelent batter life. I probably charge mine once every two weeks or so.

8. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

MX Revolution get my vote as well .. :)

I also have a corded Mighty Mouse plugged in as well.

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

The best mouse:
    Fits your hand and needs
    And is OS X compatible (which is just about every mouse).

10. fleacat thread starter macrumors newbie

fleacat

:)
    Thanks for the nice replies. I will check out MX revolution. Probably buy it from Amazon.

I love the design of MM but my hand/wrist feel uncomfortable. MX revolution looks comfortable.

Thanx guys.

11. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

Sounds like you made a decision, but if you haven't, one more vote for the mx revolution. I've had it since spring, and it's great. I am a little unimpressed with the SetPoint software Logitech sends with it. Sometimes it will reset your settings, not completely, but just certain buttons. Like I have the tilt on the scroll wheel as my volume adjustment for everything by my web browsers, but sometimes it resets it to side scrolling to everything. But it works great with OSX. I set the thumb wheel to the application switcher, and the thumb wheel button show all windows. I set the scroll wheel button to dashboard, and the next and last keys to next and last track in itunes(by downloading GimmeSomeTune it makes command+option+right go to next track no matter what program you are running(except fullscreen games, etc.)) and the search button i have set to spotlight, but you can set it to open your web browser and go to google. or do anything else you want. I tried to assign it to command+option+D, so I could hit it to look up any word in dictionary, but for some reason it won't work.
    Anyway, the mouse is great, I recharge it about once a week, which is much better than switching batteries once a week. I don't know what they are running now, I got mine for $100, and I think it was worth it.
    The Mighty Mouse scroll wheel is unbeatable, except for that it hangs up easy with dust.:apple:

12. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I'm using a Razer Diamondback, it is the BEST mouse I've ever used I would highly recommend anyone to get one of these mice asap.

13. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

+1. :)