Which Mouse? Logitech MX Pro or Logitech Trackball?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by SteelBlueTJ, Sep 15, 2012.

1. SteelBlueTJ macrumors 6502

I am looking for a new mouse. Can anyone recommend one over the other? The trackball is cheaper but I never had a trackball mouse. The MX pro does have good reviews as well. I went to staples and tried out both of them and they are both really comfortable. I just can't decide.

2. stupidassdrumer macrumors newbie

I work for a big post production company in NYC and they use this:
    http://www.kensington.com/kensington/us/us/p/1444/K64325/expert-mouse®.aspx

I mean every audio room and video editing room uses this. Also every other post production house Iv'e been to in NYC uses this for the most part. Seems to be the industry standard for professionals.

3. Mactrunk macrumors regular

Kind of an apples and oranges proposition.
    I've been using the MX Pro for a couple of years and love it.
    Lots of buttons and good software.
    I've integrated its functionality in to all of the apps that I use regularly.
    The trackball is not my cup of tea, but that's just me.
    Sounds like either choice would be fine for you.

4. theluggage macrumors 68030

I have a MX Performance mouse - http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/performance-mouse-mx (not sure which model the 'pro' is) and it is certainly a nice mouse.

However, I also have a Magic Trackpad - which is also very good, especially with the gesture support in Lion and ML (one tip is to turn on the three-finger-drag option). If you want to further confuse your choice I'd suggest having a play with one of those.

What I find is that the trackpad is great for general use, but I grab the mouse for games and some graphics work.

Ultimately this is a perdonal preference issue (I even know someone who liked the Hockey Puck mouse...) so if you fancy a change you might need to suck it and see.

5. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

How big is the ball on that?

One thing I like about the slim blade is the huge ball and buttons. I can use the right side of my palm to right click.

6. stupidassdrumer macrumors newbie

I dont know for sure how they compare as I havent seen a slim blade in person. But the pictures seem to be similar in size. Maybe the slim is a tiny bit smaller.

7. Spacedust macrumors 6502a

+1 for Performance Mouse MX ;) I use since a long time, but it's a little bit too heavy for me.

8. ripster55, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

ripster55 macrumors newbie