Which mouse..Logitech VX Revolution or MX620?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macsander, Jul 11, 2008.

1. macsander macrumors regular

macsander

Hi,

I want to buy a new mouse for my Imac which I will use for gaming and for some tasks that the mighty mouse doesn't handle very well for me. Other than those I will use my Mighty mouse.

Logitech MX620

Logitech VX revolution

I narrowed my search down to two options, please don't come up with other options since I've seen them all and these suit my needs the best. They both are more or less the same price, so that's not the point. The 620 looks nicer to me, but that's solely based at the looks.

Main question is: Which is better/ handles better/ feels better??
    Opinions and experiences would be very helpful.

Thank you so much for the help!

2. Chandler Adaway macrumors 6502a

Chandler Adaway

From my experience, the VX feels really good in your hand.
    And since you don't want the MX revolution, this is probably the closest thing to it.
    I've heard good things about the VX.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. Erkinshadow macrumors newbie

5. macsander thread starter macrumors regular

macsander

Absolutely no useful result but this thread, I need a good comparison;)

Kind posters, please, if you vote for one of these two mice, back up why. Thanks!

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

VX Revolution

I like the VX Revolution largely because of (1) the side scroll wheel, which I mapped to volume, (2) the dual-mode top scroll wheel, and (3) the docking cradle.

Take it with a grain of salt - I've never used the MX620.

7. macsander thread starter macrumors regular

macsander

Thanks m8, but I think you're talking about the Mx revolution here.

Side question: The VX is quite small to rest your hand on, isn't it?

8. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I've got the VX rev... and I'd say that it's small, but it's more comfortable to hold than most bigger mice due to the better groove designs (I moved from a wired MX510).

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i'd say go for the VX revolution. its not really notebook sized, its more of a regular sized mouse, whereas the MX is fullsized to larger than normal imo.

the zoom/search/back forward buttons are great and so is the hyperfast scrolling, its a shame that you cant easily toggle between the two different scrolling as you can with the MX though. and tracking is excellent even with the RF receiver.

if you want a compact mouse, go with the VX Nano.

edit: i've never used the MX620, but it looks like they're almost the same. the difference being button placement and groove design, along with the vx having the zoom buttons and a more portable receiver. might be the best to get to a store and hold both to see which feels more comfortable to you.

10. Eric. macrumors regular

I bought a VX Revolution from the marketplace here and couldn't be happier. The battery life is great, especially for a single AA. Its also not too small where gaming would get uncomfortable. Its just right for a notebook mouse, in my opinion.

11. Glaxx macrumors regular

Glaxx

I have the MX620. It works great for gaming in my experiences. I found it at a Sam's Club for $30, so you might take the time to look.

I haven't used the VX Revolution, so all I can tell you is how good this one is. ;)

12. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The MX620 is a great cheapo solution. I've had one for months and the batteries still are live.

It's a little too sensitive for my twitch gaming but you get used to it.

13. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

I've used a VX revolution for over a year now, and I'm very happy with it. I keep rechargeable AA batteries handy so it doesn't cost a lot to keep the mouse running.

Gaming performance is good. I use it for Bioshock, Company of Heroes, Half-Life 2, etc.

The size is very nice. It's not as small as most laptop mice. Think of it as a slightly smaller desktop mouse. The little USB receiver is nice too, because it slots into a little compartment in the back of the mouse when you're transporting it.

The wheel is very sexy. There's a switch which changes it from a 'stepped' scroll to a 'freewheeling' scroll mode - very handy for long documents/web pages.