Which mouse performs better with macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Edwardish, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Edwardish macrumors newbie

I can't choose which mouse to get for my new macbook pro. I am choosing between razer deathadder and mighty mouse ? i need a good mouse.

2. golfnut1996 macrumors newbie

I've used both the wired and BT MM mice, and I like them. I've never used the other one you mentioned. I've used the MS BT mice, and wired mice, and like them as well. Some here have praised the Logitech Mice, but I've never been a fan. I'm simplistic in nature; less is better I guess. I don't use all the buttons and things. I use the left, right, and wheel and nothing else, so all those I mentioned suit my needs.

I guess gamers like all the buttons, so it seems the Razer is more up your pike.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. fstfrwrd macrumors regular

What about the Kensington SlimBlade Bluetooth Trackball Mouse?

[​IMG]

5. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

6. msprouls macrumors member

msprouls

Check out the VX Revolution I have been very happy with it, I will be selling my Apple MM.

I highly recommend also using SteerMouse, works much better than the Logitech drivers. SteerMouse also made using the MM a lot better.

SteerMouse Link:
    http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/

7. kevzy macrumors member

I got a wireless mighty mouse with my MBP and love it. At first I thought it was a bit too heavy but removed one of the batteries, now I couldn't be happier with it.

8. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I apparently shed too much something because my mm trackball is in constant need of cleaning. I finally gave up and got a Kensington BT and I love it.

9. kousuke18 macrumors regular

I originally had a logitech VX revolution but quickly sold it because it simply did not have the precision and response I wanted in a computer mouse. I am currently using my old logitech mx510 optical mouse and it is very nice combination with my macbook pro. Also remember to install logitech's mouse utility for the best performance possible.

10. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

11. Edwardish thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your advice. Will get a wireless MM

12. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Good for you!!!I may be a little late but i also have a wireless Mighty Mouse and i love it!:D

13. KelchM macrumors regular

VX Revolution is the best mouse I've used. I use it with my laptop and my desktop.]

Note: I had the BT MM for some tiem and decided I didn't like it. I've also owned most of the high end logitch mice made in the last 5 years... mx500, mx520, mx700, mx1000, mx revolution...

The VX Nano really is the one that feels the most natural to me.

14. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I suggest going to a store and seeing which one fits your hand better. Usually I like Logitech over the Microsoft mice.

But lately I've been partial to the Kensington Trackball:

[​IMG]

It reminds me of Missile Command!

[​IMG]

15. Volante macrumors regular

The deathadder is pretty sweet and has one of the most clean design I've ever seen. (Just turn off the lights in the drivers)

16. wakeborder556 macrumors regular

MX Revolution is the best purchase ive done for the laptop.

17. bartzilla macrumors 6502a

a brick with a ping-pong ball glued to it would be an improvement over the "mighty" mouse. Apple either just can't make good mouse designs or it's under some kind of contract to build each design out of fail

18. n8236 macrumors 65816

+1 on the MX revolution or VX revolution depending on ur palm size.

19. otispunkmeyer macrumors 6502

try using energizers lithium AA's they are incredibly light and last a staggeringly long time int he MM

i had to use standard Duracell AA's once when the energizers eventually went flat, and they make the mouse noticably heavier

are the logitech VX or MX revolutions BT? or standard RF wireless (in which case you need a dongle). there dont seem to be too many quality BT wireless mice about and for me BT is a must since the MBP 15" only has 2 usb ports. with all the USB devices i have its practically impossible, even with a hub, to satisfy my USB port needs. (2 hard drives, printer, keyboard (becoz the new aluminium wireless KB doesnt feature a key pad!), card reader and Canon EOS 400D + numberous flash drives/pen drives)