Which mouse should i get?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Alvi, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Hi guys i just got a MacBook Pro and i still feel the need for a mouse even with this great trackpad since i do stuff like 3D and graphic design

Now, i saw and played with the Magic Mouse, i really loved it, however, my main desk is made of transparent black glass and the magic mouse doesn't support that kinds of surfaces

The main thing i want from a mouse is that it's wireless, it uses bluetooth so i don't have to stick a receptor in a usb port, some extra buttons for exposure and dashboard and that it supports glass

I have a MX Revolution which does all that except the bluetooth and the glass, any other options?

2. Punkwaffle macrumors regular

Punkwaffle

3. Alvi thread starter macrumors 65816

Alvi

Not Bluetooth i would end up loosing the usb thingy, any other ideas? The Magic Mouse could end up to be my choice, and a trackpad :(

4. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

You should get a mouse pad and then purchase the Magic Mouse.

5. Alvi thread starter macrumors 65816

Alvi

Maybe that would be a good idea since the Magic Mouse looks perfect with the MacBook Pro and is very portable

I still wish there would be more Bluetooth + Glass proof mouses if there are any

6. Blow up tre1 macrumors member

Lose it?

Mate, get the universal adapter. It's so tiny you could just leave it in and therefore not lose it. It would take up a usb port though. I find the logitech usb dongle technology to be better than bluetooth at waking from sleep, connectivity, reliability etc.

7. mackme macrumors newbie

Logitech MX mouse, fantastic, use logitech software or steermouse, you have a spare usb port, forget magic mouse, its a gimmick,

8. breathesrain macrumors regular

Generally dongles are much more reliable and better, all-around, than bluetooth. It seems like the only benefit of bluetooth is the extra port- perhaps you could get a small USB hub? That's what I did. Only cost 4$ for three more USB ports. Unpowered, sure, but the dongles don't need power :)

9. Hmac macrumors 68020

The nano dongles that Logitech is using these days are very, very low profile. They have a VERY clever place to store them in the mouse, but I leave mine in my MacBook Pro all the time. It's almost unnoticeable.

[​IMG]

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It's not the size, it's the USB port it takes up that could otherwise be used for other peripherals. If Logitech made their "wireless" mice Bluetooth, I might not be using a Mighty Mouse.

11. macchiato2009 macrumors 65816

I've been trying the new magic mouse for a few weeks and because of its shape and the fact that we have to use with the fingers and not really with the full hand on it, well, at the end, it really hurts my wrist

does it happen to you too ?

i'm considering the Logitech VX Nano

as i will buy a mac mini and Apple Cinema Display, there will be plenty of usb ports so no issue about wasting one usb port for the dongle

what do you think of this mouse?

thx

12. BrokenE macrumors regular

cant you tape or glue something to the underside of your glass desk? otherwise, i am very happy with my vx nano at work and my magic mouse at home.

13. Hmac macrumors 68020

I have that mouse and like it a lot. I've been using it a lot since I got it at the beginning of January and I'm still on the battery I first installed.