Which mouse to get?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shantyfolk, Jun 24, 2007.

1. shantyfolk macrumors newbie

What is your favorite mouse for a mac? I need at least two buttons and a scrollwheel. Some of the fancy ones have more buttons. I'm trying out a logitech v450 laser mouse which works well, but I'm not sure its worth the money I paid; i may return it. What do you like in a mouse? Laser? Wirelesss? Bluetooth? Extra buttons?

2. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I personally prefer non wireless mice, the main reason being that wireless mice are slow and don't respond as quickly. It doesn't matter if they can take 400 megapixel readings of your mouse surface, they can't beam it to your computer fast enough to be better than a wired mouse.

I like the simple logitech mice such as the MX518, try to catch it on special and it is honestly a steal. Great mouse, feels good in your hand, and has back and forward buttons as well as an extra few buttons on top.

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

slow? mice hardly use the bandwidth available in usb2.0.

i'm very satisfied with my razer copperhead (wired) and my logitech mx revolution (wireless).

however, i will say logitech software sucks major balls...

I have a very simple logitech v200 cordless laptop mouse that i use. It never lags, runs perfect even on the 1.1 usb ports on the apple keyboard and i personally hate wired mice cause i always find the cable so annoying for mice...i don't care about the keyboard though. Get a logitech..if you like quick and super accurate...laser is good and bluetooth is only nice if you really hate having the usb dongle. btw, how much did you pay for your logitech v450, cause thats a nice mouse, laser, great for a notebook (if you use it with your ibook) and if its fully mac compatable it should work pretty well.

5. i0Nic macrumors 65816

I'm interested in getting the logitech mx revolution, I have a question...

I currently have the mighty mouse and use the middle click option to open new tabs in safari. It's an important feature for me, does the MX allow this? I know that when you middle click it it changes the scroll wheel from fast speed to normal, but I'm wondering if there are settings to change this.

Also, is middle clicking harder to click than left and right?

6. ghettochild macrumors regular

I have the Logitech MX Revolutions and it's awesome. I don't use the Logitech sofware, but SteerMouse which is way better. Every button of the mouse is customizable on a per application basis and/or by default, you'll love it.

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

I'm pretty sure you can, but I like switching the scroll wheel faster. I think you can change the way it works per-app no matter what software you use though.

8. shantyfolk thread starter macrumors newbie

I paid $50 at OfficeMax (so I could return it easily) Amazon has it for $32.
    It is perfectly responsive, but the side-scroll does not function for me.
    I'm going to try steermouse and see if it (sidescroll) works with that.
    I sidescroll in the finders column view all the time, so I want a mouse that will do that. The v450 feels good other than that and the price.

9. sm0 macrumors regular

deciding between the mx revolution and g7 here. thoughts/comments?

10. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Logitech MX Revolution

[​IMG]

best I have ever owned.

I have a great button setup.
    I use USB Overdrive to really make it nice.
    The side scroll is my volume and pressing it mutes the sound.

11. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I recommend the VX revolution by Logitech. I use this mouse on the road and at home as a desktop mouse since it is so comfortable.
    However when you buy a Logitech mouse be sure not to use the Logitech Software for Mac (it is a piece of junk and only causes problems). I do recommend Steermouse.

byakuya

12. ascender macrumors 68000

I bought one of those MS Bluetooth Explorer ones from eBay yesterday and its arrived now. Great piece of kit. Pairs with the laptop over bluetooth without the adapter first time and have the usual buttons, 2 extra ones on the wide and the horizontal/vertical scroll wheel. Highly recommended.

13. i0Nic macrumors 65816

How do you do this?