Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MickeyVee

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
Canada
Until you use the ArcTouch.. Everyone has their own preferences.

Cant agree with the above. Magic Mouse has the worst tracking and close to the most uncomfortable mouse I've ever used. Yeah the touch sensitive scrolling has a cool factor but not any more useful than a scroll wheel, less so actually since it lacks tactile feel. It's just crap.

ericDylan

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
Until you use the ArcTouch.. Everyone has their own preferences.

Yea. I had the Microsoft Arc Touch mouse that i used with my Win7 Tablet and loved the mouse!!

I replaced the tablet with a new MBA and never use the mouse anymore though. I really don't find a mouse necessary when using Mac--especially lion.

I may even get the magic trackpad for my iMac to replace my magic mouse. I just love mac trackpads.

But don't get me started on windows trackpads. It is baffling how Apple gets it so right while everyone else gets it so wrong!!

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
But don't get me started on windows trackpads. It is baffling how Apple gets it so right while everyone else gets it so wrong!!

Yeah considering how quickly other companies mimic apple products it's baffling how long it's taking to copy the track pad. I can only assume its because windows does not have the Proper APIs in place for all the gestures and multi-touch features. I'll bet we will see a lot more Mac-like track pads in PCs with the intro of Windows 8 though.

rosemary1

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
I have this one:

41ofRU%2BJlbL._AA300_.jpg

Verbatim Mercury Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse with Nano Receiver

I have no issues with the mouse; it works just fine. I expected to need it doing graphics work, but I've adjusted to the trackpad and rarely use the mouse.

BENJMNS

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2005
Cant agree with the above. Magic Mouse has the worst tracking and close to the most uncomfortable mouse I've ever used. Yeah the touch sensitive scrolling has a cool factor but not any more useful than a scroll wheel, less so actually since it lacks tactile feel. It's just crap.

agree with this. i have a bluetooth MS mouse and its simply gets the job done much better than the magic mouse or whatever it's called by apple.

the whole touch thing adds no functional value. and again the apple mouse needs more speed. not much more... just.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.