Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yukinara

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
recently,I use iMovie HD,but I want a software that have better effect. I heard Final Cut pro is good,but I wonder if it can run smoothly on MacBook
btw:I have a C2D 2GHz with 1GB RAM

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
What type of editing do you do? You could also get final cut express if you need somthing more than iMovie. and it will run on your macbook.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
What type of editing do you do? You could also get final cut express if you need somthing more than iMovie. and it will run on your macbook.

I would agree, Final Cut Express (HD v3.5) will do very nicely. The Mac Book is probably a bit under powered for Final Cut Pro.

FJ

Yukinara

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
well,I'm not pro designer,I just want to spam effect on my videos :D
Final cut pro is good,but are there any other choices?

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
iMovie < Final Cut Express < Final Cut Pro

Those are the best three choices that cover all three categories (basic, advanced, professional).

iMovie comes on your computer and can do basic effects and stuff, you can squeeze quite a bit out of it if you learn to work the program well. After that you can move on to Final Cut Express, which is a steal at $299.

MetalFace

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2007
I believe Final Cut Pro itself will still run, just not the other parts of Studio that need the graphics card (like Motion).

final cut pro runs a dream on the macbook especialy if you have a good ammount of ram to boost it up a bit! even rendering isnt as slow as you would think! of course its not as good as a macbook pro or a imac but thats expected! but from amatuer to indie film maker editing needs apart from motion its all there altho the screen is a bit samll :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.