Which MPB should I get for motion UI design?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shinra, May 27, 2018.

1. Shinra macrumors newbie

So, my choices are limited, being from a third world country.
    I don't want to get the 2017 15 inch if the performance isn't going to suffer too much.
    I'm considering a used 2015 15 inch with a 1TB SSD, R9 m370x or perhaps even a brand new 13 inch 2017 model.

I want the performance to be at least equal to my current setup which is i7 4770, 512 Samsung EVO 850, R9 270X and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. I'll be connecting the MacBook to a Dell U2715H which doesn't have thunderbolt/USB C and possibly another 27 inch monitor.

What is my best option here? I'll be mainly using it with Adobe CC programs, along with Framer, Principle, Invision Studio. No Gaming, occasional video edit, but not a primary concern.

2. sputnikBA macrumors 6502

3. Shinra thread starter macrumors newbie

Because of the new lineup?
    That won't matter much to me, since it won't reflect on prices here for like another 6 months to a year...

4. leman macrumors G3

Your best solution is to get a cheap windows gaming laptop.

5. Shinra thread starter macrumors newbie

W... What? Why would I need that? I need a Mac, because of the software.
    O already have an almost maxed out Lenovo Yoga 720.

6. leman macrumors G3

I thought your main software is Adobe CC? It’s not Mac specific and these days probably better optimized for windows anyway. Are you even using any Mac-only software?

7. Shinra thread starter macrumors newbie

I should have probably made it more clear I'm primarily buying it so I can run Principle Framer and Sketch. And I also want to switch my whole workflow to Mac so that why I mentioned Adobe CC