Which MSN Client 2011?

BrerSam

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Is still adium the best client? I don't really use video or sound so not much of a problem but can't really use the official client because the offline messenger not being there.

aMsN is good i think but it is ugly and annoying to use, i never seem to get into adium because i only use Skype and MSN so don't really need the multiclient options

What do people use?

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
Recently Adium started supporting direct file transfers over MSN, so right now, it is still the best MSN client, IMO.

The official client is clunky and iChat doesn't support it (unless someone comes up with a MSN Service plug-in for it in Lion).

Comment

BrerSam

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
I don't mind adium too much but it REALLY annoys me i can't seem to see peoples display pics and i can't see theres.

I also can't change my name on it, maybe im doing something wrong but i can't figure it out at all.

I wish ichat supported it i might use it then!

Skype is what i prefer but i need msn just for one contact -_- and they won't change

Comment

Mitchelino

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I like aMSN. Tried Adium, Mercury Messenger, and Microsoft Messenger. I couldn't get into Adium. Didn't care for Mercury Messenger. The latest version of Microsoft Messenger is decent, but I think it's pretty bad for an official client.

I'd say aMSN is the best, but it's just my opinion and what I'm used to. It's a little "ugly", but is very customizable. So it can be turned into something better looking if you fool around with the settings enough.

I'd like to see Beejive create an IM client for Mac. They've done a nice job on iOS. If they made one for OS X, I'd buy it.

Comment

Elven

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
UK
I still use Adium, nice choice of extra's and with imgur and other online filesharing sites readily available these days I see little need to have direct IM transfers.
:apple:

Comment