Which MVNO carries will an AT&T locked device work on?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Dec 29, 2014.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I know that an AT&T locked device will work with Cricket wireless (former AIO wireless) but are there any other MVNOs that they will work on such as Net10 or StraightTalk? Thanks!

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

Straight Talk. I believe H2O Wireless as well. Not sure about Net 10.

3. Paco II macrumors 65816

I *think* it would work with Consumer Cellular as well.

4. dyt1983, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying info not relevant to the conversation.

5. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Cricket as well, since it's basically just AT&T.

6. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

amazon has some prepaid sims going for 1 cent to try, like h2o wireless

7. rigormortis, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

another idea!!!!

if you lend your iPhone to someone with who has had AT&T service for 60 days prior to him using your iPhone, he can get an unlock for you ! in less then 5 days

you might need to have him check with AT&T to make sure the imei is on his account so it has an "established history"

i tried out the amazon fire phone, as something to laugh at!! and i found out
    that AT&T has a new unlocking policy for NON CUSTOMERS !!!!

if you never had AT&T service, you can still ask for an unlock, and they just might give it to you!!

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/

if you go to AT&T directly and pay maybe $90 for 2 months of postpaid service, you can score an unlock that way too

if you go to cricket you will need 6 months before they will give you an unlock

i came to almost getting burned on that fire phone. you really should call 800 331 0500 and speak to an AT&T rep to make sure the phone you buy isn't financed in the first place.

i went to AT&T with a fire phone and AT&T told me it was a store demo and they refused to sell me service
    i went to AT&T to ask for it to be unlocked and they told me it was still under contract
    various imei check websites gave me the green light and said that it wasn't blacklisted