Which Netflix Management App is the best?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jmpage2, Oct 3, 2009.

1. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

My wife is looking for an application (paid or otherwise) to manage her Netflix queue.

I've searched around but haven't found any with great reviews.

It needs to be pretty speedy (no five minute wait while it updates), allow for changing the queue order, deleting movies from the queue, etc.

Most importantly it needs to let her BROWSE Netflix library as well as her suggestions. Preferably can browse by Blu-Ray titles too.

Anyone have any recommendations?

2. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

3. macfan881 macrumors 68020

I use iTv and I rent movies mainly iRentmovies cause when i add a movie to my que I can see if there is a wait or not for the movies, and I fell that IRM is much faster especially for netflix than iTV.

4. ZMRoach macrumors regular

ZMRoach

iPhlix is great for managing everything on netflix, but I've been just using the Flixster Movie app for awhile instead and it gets the job done.

5. Bostonaholic macrumors 6502

Bostonaholic

6. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I just tried i.TV and while it is great if I know what I want to watch (by searching for it) it does not seem to have the ability to browse different movie categories ore Netflix recommendations.

Can it do this and I'm just missing it?

7. mrbass macrumors member

8. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I use it too, but while it offers the queue management the OP is looking for, it doesn't have the library viewing options that he asks for at the end of his post.

9. devildog820 macrumors member

Get Flixster first. If it satisfies your management needs, then stick with it. It is also easier to find new releases with. Netflix tries to direct me away from popular new movies coming out on DVD/Blu-ray.

If you find Flixster lacking, get iPhlix. I've tried several paid and free Netflix apps and that is easily the best one I've ever used. It has a lot of intuitive features and is stable.