Which new iMac should I buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by marklachance, Mar 4, 2009.

1. marklachance macrumors member

I am making the switch to Mac. With the new iMacs coming out today, I need some quick advice. I use my computer to surf the web, store photos, some document and spreadsheet work, listen to music, etc. I do not do any gaming at all. I would like to edit and burn home video but nothing fancy. I think it's between the 20" 2.66 and the 24" 2.66 with a lean towards the 24" given the double memory and hard drive as well as the larger screen for only an extra $200. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. iMaclvr macrumors newbie

I'm thinking the bigger is better.

I have last weeks iMac, lol... just got it last week, and it's 20" I'm thinking 24" would have been sweeter!

3. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

I am in the exact same position as yourself and carry out the same tasks. Check out my posts and see that I got the 3rd option of the iMac. I have been told i will not regret it.

4. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

You could go refurb if you want to but if you want a new one than get the base 24" one it suits your needs fine.

5. marklachance thread starter macrumors member

6. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Keep in mind that the 24" iMac has a higher quality screen than the 20-incher. The $300 premium is worth it.

7. marklachance thread starter macrumors member