Which (non apple) external display that works flawlessly with rMBP do you recommand?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by YSY, Oct 22, 2013.

1. YSY macrumors newbie

I'm currently using Dell U2412M and I'm having difficulties with the fonts rendering. I get blurry fonts on OSx and clear fonts when viewing the same pages on a windows 7 machine (runs on a VM on my rMBP).

I've tried to fix it with no luck -
    http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...urry-fonts-on-dell-u2312hm-macbook-pro-retina

here is another comparison picture (the upper part is win7 on VM and the lower is chrome on OSx (latest)).

[​IMG]

I would like to buy a new non apple display and hopefully solve my problem, which do you recommend?

Thanks!

2. jmdMac macrumors regular

3. YSY thread starter macrumors newbie

which cable do you use to connect the external display? haven't you noticed a difference in how fonts look on your retina display and on your external display?

4. jmdMac macrumors regular

I use a HDMI to DVI.

And of course it will not look as good as your rMBP, it has about 90-100ppi(pixels per inch) whereas the rMBP has ~220ppi I believe. That's roughly double the amount. PPI is what contributes to "crispness" of an image.

5. YSY thread starter macrumors newbie

fonts are not images. the fact that the font on the win7 machine (VM on OSx) looks the same as they appear on the retina should indicate that they should look the same when you view them through an external display without the retina (less ppi).

6. YSY thread starter macrumors newbie

Help :apple: