Which note taking app do you recommend?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by opticalserenity, Jul 13, 2010.

1. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

I want an app that can record, and sync the notes with the recording, and allows me to draw symbols, and import in web snippets, and be able to export all of that as PDF / otherwise be able to share.

2. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Try Paper Desk (there is also a lite version) or Pen Ultimate

3. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

4. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

SoundPaper lets you record and sync the notes with the recording. I'm a student and I've used it for a few months now and am very happy with it. I draw symbols on a different app.

I don't believe an app exists that can do everything you wish it to.

5. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

I wanted to suggest this too, but no drawing yet :(

Such a cool App though.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

There IS a simple drawing capability in SoundPaper...just click on the pencil in the upper right corner. Is that not enough?

Just tried it myself and was able to hand write a formula, then go back to typing notes.

7. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

:eek:

[follows directions. draws figure in SoundPaper]

WOW! That's sooo cool!

8. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

Circus Ponies is working on an iPad version of NoteBook, but it is still away off according to posts on their forum. I have been using SOHO Notes, but the other day it crashed (which is not the first time it has happened to me) and I lost 2/3rds of my notes from a staff meeting. Needless to say I was a bit miffed. As far as support from them, It does not exist. I've emailed them in the past with issues, and they have never replied, so I would NOT buy their software. I sooooo wish there MS would release a Mac version of OneNote, and then an iPad companion.

9. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

To those recommending Penultimate, the currently free iDraft does everything and more. Great app, will likely not be free in the future.

10. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

I love Notebook. It's one of my all-time favorite apps. I would expect it to take a while to get comparable functionality onto the iPad.

I am in no way affiliated with SoundPaper, but as a user I had a problem and received excellent support. During the course of that it was plainly revealed that the problem was user error.

11. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Cool, SoundPaper allows you to draw :) BUT, how do you erase part of a drawing??

12. Buzzsaw macrumors member

Buzzsaw

Just downloaded iDraft and have been trying it out...definitely is equal to/better than Penultimate seeing as it's free! Thanks for the heads up. :D

13. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Double tap on a line. A delete button will appear next to the highlighted line.

It's not a full fledged sketching program, but for a quick diagram, it works for me.

14. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

NICE :D

Maybe I'll break it out in Calc tomorrow