Which OCR Business Card Reader is the Best?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheFelix, Jun 7, 2010.

1. TheFelix macrumors newbie

For the business apper - an OCR card reader is pretty standard practice, so standard that there are actually three of them in the top 15 business apps.

10: ScanBizCards ($6.99)
    12: WorldCardMobile ($5.99)
    13: Business Card Reader ($5.99)

Have you used any of these? What do you think? How accurate are they? How often do you use them? If you could add features, what would it be?

2. dancingappgrl macrumors newbie

I've got a good one

I've used WorldCard Mobile and so far have been really happy with it. For using OCR it's been sufficiently accurate and I think it's one of the better ones out there. They also have a companion app that I like, Worldcard contacts that will sync with worldcard mobile. Hope this helps!

3. TheFelix thread starter macrumors newbie

WorldCard Mobile App has been updated! Here are some features that I have found

Automatic Camera Shake Reduction- To capture an image without losing the focus. A similar feature found on digital camera

Email Signature Capture – To copy electronic signature and add it to your iPhone contact lists

Improvement of Recognition Accuracy –

Also: WorldCard Mobile and Contacts are the only business card reader app working with iOS4 so far.

Buisness Card Reader, Cardreader, Camcard all fail to support iOS4.

4. rayward macrumors 68000

Just downloaded the Lite version of Worldcard Mobile. It's pretty slick. It tripped up a little on one card I tried - because it has a custom font and small text, but it was fine on the other two. Buying the full version now.

5. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

6. cottonhill macrumors newbie

cottonhill

Wcm

I am currently using World Card Mobile for my 3G iPhone. I haven't downloaded any other, because it has worked for all of the business cards I have tried it on.
    Keep on Keeping on!

7. iKingsley86 macrumors member

8. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

What about CardMunch, LinkedIn bought them and its a great app and FREE.

9. PlastoCards macrumors newbie

I really like your suggestion macMD. CardMunch is pretty cool app and the main thing is this is free. There are many who are asking for the charges but why to purchase if we get in free.