Which of the current MBP's is the best value vs performance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DUNCVILLE, Nov 21, 2009.

1. DUNCVILLE macrumors member

So I've got some disposable cash and I want a new (my first) mbp. First mac ever. I've got no idea what i need, and I'm interested to see if anyone thinks there is one particular model/configuration of the 13-15 inch versions. (not interested in 17).

Just trying to work out which gives most bang for my buck.

Really appreciate som advice from you!

2. Nano2k macrumors regular

I just got my first Mac too (MBP 15), I also have more of a Windows PC background ^^ This MBP 15 was an offer I could not refuse otherwise I would have gotten a MBP 13.

The cheapest MPB 13 is probably the best bang for the buck, you can easily and cheaply upgrade the HDD and memory (2gb is probably enough if you dont do intensive graphic work).

The only advantage of the MBP 15 is the bigger screen and that you can have a more powerful graphic chip (for gaming, but which will still suck compared to a good desktop card). The 9400m of the MBP 13 can do all you need plus a little basic gaming, if you need a bigger screen, you can buy an adapter and use a regular "cheap" LCD screen.

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The best value for you depends on your particular needs. However, I'd save your money for the upcoming revision to the line--the best value for any computer occurs just after its updated. This is likely going to come in January or February.

4. Mew2468 macrumors regular

Like Nano2k said, the 13" MacBook Pros are really nice and easily upgradable. I have a 13" and I love it. :D

5. XP Defector macrumors 6502

I recently bought a Mattbook Unibody 15" and absolutely love it. Unbelievably light and thin considering how powerful it is.

6. Nano2k macrumors regular

Yes but its a lot of extra money for the 15 if you don't really need the screen size and it does take quite some space.

7. brendu macrumors 68020

13" base model, you will love it. Upgrade the HDD if you need more space

8. lilskaterpunk macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

I think MBP 13.3'' is best if you plan to take it with you to places and around house. U can always hook up to a larger TV.
    Now im debating to hold off from buying the MBP 13.3'' in a few weeks and wait for the upcoming revisions. I just think they will be more money when first released then buying the high end MBP 13.3'' model right now.

9. bmstrong macrumors 6502

I like the mid 15 with antiglare. Best combo of screen, internals, and portability.

10. Greenman85 macrumors regular

I would get the 15". it is perfect. and get glossy. anitglare sucks compared to it!