Which of these 2 MBPs should I get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tobygw, Mar 5, 2011.

1. tobygw macrumors newbie

I'm currently debating which Macbook Pro I should get. I initially wanted the higher end 15 inch, but $2300 is a bit more than I want to spend.

I'm now debating on either getting the top of the line 13 inch model with 8GB of ram and 2.7ghz for $1600 OR the lower end 15 inch model with 8GB and 2.0 ghz for $1900.

Its most intensive uses would be some HD video editing here and there, and also live streaming some HD Gameplay from my PS3. I'm also interested in some occasional gaming, but nothing too intense.

Do you think that the size, the graphics card, its quad-core and the higher res screen of the 15 inch make it the definite choice? Or do you think that the differences are minimal and that I should stick with the 13 inch?

Thanks!

2. bossmanjunior macrumors member

bossmanjunior

get the 15. if you're doing any video editing i recommend a discrete graphics card. also, don't buy ram from apple, buy it from a 3rd party and upgrade it yourself. it will be much cheaper that way

the crucial 8GB kit is $97.

also, i ordered the high-end 15 inch,and im psyched

3. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

4. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

Spend what it takes and get the high end 15'', the investment will pay you back in time.

5. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

I would get whatever you can afford comfortably. The 15 inch gives you a graphics card whereas the 13 gives you Intel integrated graphics, which isn't as good. If you can afford the 15 and don't mind the extra weight, get the 15.