Which of these MBP is better value?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by grahamtearne, Nov 6, 2008.

1. grahamtearne macrumors regular

Just wandering what you guys consider to be better value. I am after a new MacBook Pro (well used) after selling my iMac. I can get a 17" 2.33ghz Core 2 Duo model with 2GB ram for £850, or a 15" 2.33ghz Core 2 Duo with 2GB ram for £750. Both have the same X1600 256mb graphics card so they are pretty much the same machine.

Just wandering what you guys would go for? The 15" comes with a spare battery and video out to scart cable that I fancied picking up to hook the laptop up to the TV to watch the NHL and NFL on (I subscribe to the gamepass thingy).

Im leaning towards the 15" as the 17" offers no more than extra screen size, while for £100 cheaper I can pick up the 15" with spare battery and TV cable.

I will be using this computer for Photoshop, Final Cut and XSI under Boot Camp. I am not bothered about getting the latest and greatest model as either of these machines will be a step up from my iMac (2.0ghz Core 2 Duo, 1GB ram and 128mb graphics).

Cheers guys.

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I'm a big fan of the 15" - I have one myself and am very happy with it - and it is considerably more portable than the 17"; go for the 15" and enjoy it.

Cheers and good luck