Which of these two banners do you prefer?

(question in title)

• Total voters

AngerDanger

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
Below are a couple of marketing banners that would appear at the top of a mobile app, advertising a watch face for the Pebble Time. Which do you prefer?

Option 1:

Metro Flip Banner orange.png

Option 2:

opt2.png

Last edited:

tomnavratil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2013
Czech Republic
Considering the target market and users of Pebble Watch as well as the design and colours themselves, 1 for me. In most cases I do like the colour combinations, which offer enough clarity and contrast except the first one. For me, the orange is too bright and I might try a different shade, for example v2, nice job otherwise!

AngerDanger

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
Considering the target market and users of Pebble Watch as well as the design and colours themselves, 1 for me. In most cases I do like the colour combinations, which offer enough clarity and contrast except the first one. For me, the orange is too bright and I might try a different shade, for example v2, nice job otherwise!
Thanks. I edited the first option to contain the same orange, Rajah, as the second, but that just looked off. I instead used actual orange rather than the Chrome Yellow of the original.

I'm partial to the more muted colors in option 2. I also like use of black with the numbers.

Nice job!
Thanks!

Option 2 has more depth to me, and isn't your usual color mix. I prefer that one.
I might've had some inspiration.

Bright and bold!
Ah, you've thrown the votes back to a 50/50 split! :mad::p

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
#1 for me ... unless there's a reason for the grays, some functional difference in what they represent.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
I like Option #2 better now - they're in line with our upcoming Fall season here in NA. Option #1 doesn't suit me, but I tend to favor muted colors as I'm 6'7" and don't need to stand out more than I already do...

A tip? Watch some college football games. Note what the kids and/or your target market in the crowds are wearing, besides the school colors - over a weekend of games (Thursday to Saturday) you can get a glimpse of several tens of thousands of kids and college fans. Also, tune into the pre-game shows, like the ESPN show that starts butt early in the morning - those shows will take you tailgating, all in HD. Avoid Boise State (neon blue field) and Eastern WA (neon red field) - those fields will burn your eyes. Lots of games are archived on the WatchESPN web/app portal.

I live in OR and spend time in NYC, where I'm from. I shop in Italy, France, and Austria - it's easier to do than it was 25 years ago - and my friends and clients always ask me "where did I get that ____", and the next year I see the colors and styles here in OR/WA. Sample Euro catalogs of smaller companies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.