Which of these two banners do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by AngerDanger, Oct 3, 2015.

?

(question in title)

1. Option 1

41.7%
  2. Option 2

58.3%
  1. AngerDanger, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015

AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

Below are a couple of marketing banners that would appear at the top of a mobile app, advertising a watch face for the Pebble Time. Which do you prefer?

Option 1:

Metro Flip Banner orange.png

Option 2:

opt2.png

2. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

Considering the target market and users of Pebble Watch as well as the design and colours themselves, 1 for me. In most cases I do like the colour combinations, which offer enough clarity and contrast except the first one. For me, the orange is too bright and I might try a different shade, for example v2, nice job otherwise!

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Option 2 has more depth to me, and isn't your usual color mix. I prefer that one.

4. wmukj macrumors member

MI -we got lakes! I am not near any of them.
    I'm partial to the more muted colors in option 2. I also like use of black with the numbers.

Nice job!

5. AngerDanger thread starter macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

Thanks. I edited the first option to contain the same orange, Rajah, as the second, but that just looked off. I instead used actual orange rather than the Chrome Yellow of the original.

Thanks!

I might've had some inspiration.

Ah, you've thrown the votes back to a 50/50 split! :mad::p

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

#1 for me ... unless there's a reason for the grays, some functional difference in what they represent.

7. campyguy macrumors 68030

I like Option #2 better now - they're in line with our upcoming Fall season here in NA. Option #1 doesn't suit me, but I tend to favor muted colors as I'm 6'7" and don't need to stand out more than I already do...

A tip? Watch some college football games. Note what the kids and/or your target market in the crowds are wearing, besides the school colors - over a weekend of games (Thursday to Saturday) you can get a glimpse of several tens of thousands of kids and college fans. Also, tune into the pre-game shows, like the ESPN show that starts butt early in the morning - those shows will take you tailgating, all in HD. Avoid Boise State (neon blue field) and Eastern WA (neon red field) - those fields will burn your eyes. Lots of games are archived on the WatchESPN web/app portal.

I live in OR and spend time in NYC, where I'm from. I shop in Italy, France, and Austria - it's easier to do than it was 25 years ago - and my friends and clients always ask me "where did I get that ____", and the next year I see the colors and styles here in OR/WA. Sample Euro catalogs of smaller companies.