Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
I know someone remembers which old powerbook had the half-cover you could remove and put the skins on it. I ran across one of the packages of Skins (Artwork by Jim Mitchell, Brad Holldand, Carlos Segura, Michael Bartalos, David Karam, and Keiji Ito) with the seven original skins in it. I had the laptop at one time, but I can't remember if it was the 190, the 5300, the 1400, or another one. Any help from a brilliant brain would be appreciated.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
I remember someone had made a solar panel for the 1400 that fit on there too, but I can't seem to find it anymore. It wasn't capable of charging it fully or anything, but could offer a bit of trickle to maintain the battery for longer when you were out and about. I'd *love* to fine one of those somewhere now.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
It was the 1400. It's probably not easy to find the clear "book cover" for it though, they usually have gray ones.

I think I still have my clear cover (somewhere) but I also remember thinking it was kind of brittle and might crack if I didn't store it in a better place than where I was "temporarily" putting it. Odds on locating it = poor, and in good condition, even worse...

BraveArts

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2008
Madrid, Spain
I know someone remembers which old powerbook had the half-cover you could remove and put the skins on it. I ran across one of the packages of Skins (Artwork by Jim Mitchell, Brad Holldand, Carlos Segura, Michael Bartalos, David Karam, and Keiji Ito) with the seven original skins in it. I had the laptop at one time, but I can't remember if it was the 190, the 5300, the 1400, or another one. Any help from a brilliant brain would be appreciated.

Hey Spork,

Ah yes, the good old days of the CS1400.
I've still got mine and the clear cover (and package of skins) have never been taken out of their original wrappers. They're sitting in a box in the loft somewhere until I can get a bigger studio to display all my old gear.:eek:

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
I have a solid wood cover (honest!) for my 1400. Came with it when I bought it from eBay. Even got the guys name carved on the back!

I'll dig it out and post pic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.