Which one best suitable for these needs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gimmitchi, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Gimmitchi macrumors newbie

Yo! Currently I'm struggling with macbook Air 2011mid(?). Little cutie heats up and dies often so I'm thinking of selling it and buying something else instead. I
    'm not even sure whether I should buy a PC. Anyhow, my main interests are web searching, gaming and photo editing.

I was thinking that the new iMac 21" would do the trick but I'm afraid the graphic card and memory is not enough...also since the structure is so narrow I'm afraid it will also heat up and die on me. I've got an external cd player thingy but IT NEEDS TWO USB ports to power itself up :p yes I know, was a mistake buying that little piece of...I haven't been able to use it on the Air since it needs two ports. Since I'm used to the SSD fastness I'm a bit turned off by the lack of one in imac.

I was also thinknig about the upcoming Pro...I think, or hope, I wouldn't need to buy a new computer for the next 12 years if I got one of those, although it's a lot more expensive than wanted.

So..what would you recommend? So Gaming, streaming, reading, photo edit...I just want it to last for YEARS to come. Or should I just kick the apple bucket and find a PC..?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're on an MBA now, I would think the iMac will be much more powerful and quite capable of handling what you throw at it.

The Mac Pro isn't a bad machine but we have no idea what they'll charge and to be honest you didn't specify your budget. I think we can assume however the price of the MacPro is going to be much more expensive then the iMac. You'll need to consider a monitor as well if you opt for the MacPro.

3. Gimmitchi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying maflynn! Well my budget is up to 3 000 e but I'm comfortable in using 1 400-2 000 euros.

Ooh the 27" is also quite ticking...compared to my air lol.

I had a 15,6" before the air, laptop, 1 gb graphics card, 4gb memory and 500 gb storage and it was quite good before I went to college and needed a computer at class. Though it too had some troubles with gaming, that pc.

I'm mostly afraid about the imac heating...and the S-ATA..hm..