Which one do i choose??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yizhimao, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Yizhimao macrumors member

So here's the dilemma i'm facing: 2011 13" MBP with 8GB RAM and 256 SSD vs 2011 15" base line with Hi res?? I'm a engineering student who will probably use this for schoolwork, watching video, surfing etc.. No fancy 3D editting but I will be using this laptop for the upcoming Diablo 3 and other games.. So I was wondering if it would be wise to upgrade the 13" with crappy graphics or just stick with the baseline 15".. Any ideas?? Thanks:)

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I say baseline 15" and upgrade the Ram by yourself. I'm not a fan of a 13" screen though.

3. Yizhimao thread starter macrumors member

Really? I'm starting to lean towards the 13" since i heard so many bad stuff abt the heating problem of the 15":(

4. mike2732 macrumors member

FYI the base 15" doesn't have very good graphics. I say put in another $300 and get something that will blow your mind. :p

5. mastaofdisasta macrumors member

In your case I'll go for the baseline 15. I have a high end 15 and I don't have any heating issues.

I will say this though, if you are going to play games, definitely go for the high end one. I'm don't game, but I've been reading that the graphics card on the low end is much weaker in comparison to the high end one. So if gaming is your priority, the high-end one is the one to get.

6. mike2732 macrumors member

Exactly why I'm going for the high-end.
    I don't necessarily plan on gaming, but for $300, I think it's worth it for a laptop that's infinitely times better in graphics.

7. Yizhimao thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148a)

Thanks guys.. I wouldn't necessary be gaming.. It's not my main concern since I got a PC desktop for my gaming.. I'd like to play some casual games.. It's just that I'm not sure if I'd be fully maximising the graphics card of the higher end.. From where I come from, the higher end 15" costs around $3k.. The baseline is $400 less.. Just not sure if it's worth the $400 for the upgrade.. The only reason I'd get the higher end would be for it's futureproof.. That's all:(

8. Yizhimao thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148a)

Thanks guys.. I wouldn't necessary be gaming.. It's not my main concern since I got a PC desktop for my gaming.. I'd like to play some casual games.. It's just that I'm not sure if I'd be fully maximising the graphics card of the higher end.. From where I come from, the higher end 15" costs around $3k.. The baseline is $400 less.. Just not sure if it's worth the $400 for the upgrade.. The only reason I'd get the higher end would be for it's futureproof.. That's all:(

9. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

15'' all the way. high end if possible. won't regret it.