which one do I get?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JustOneQuickONe, Mar 2, 2009.

1. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

I need a new battery and looked them up on Amazon, it came up with a number of results. They all have different part numbers in the description, can I use any of these batteries or do I need a specific one?
    computer specs ( don't know if you need these but here they are)
    2GHz Intel Core Duo
    1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    here is the link to the batteries http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...battery+white+13+inch&sprefix=macbook+battery
    are all 13 inch mac batteries interchangeable, which is the best battery?

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Number 1 is an exact replacement. Number 2 is a knock off professing to be high capacity. Number 3 is a duplication of number 1 from a different shipper. It appears that all 3 would work but 1 & 3 are official Apple brand.

3. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

how can you tell which are apple and which are knock offs? thats a pretty good price for a new battery so i was planning on getting on off amazon

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The fact that they say "by Apple" and carry real Apple model numbers...

5. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

so just take their word for it then, some of the reviews say they were misleading descriptions and didn't get genuine apple products, then again they also don't say from which seller...

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If you get a product that's different than advertised, you file a claim or something with Amazon and return it/get your $$ back.

Or just buy from Apple direct, and get the piece of mind despite the extra $$.

7. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

8. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Thats what I always do. I dont mind paying extra $ when I know I'm going to get exactly what I ordered.

9. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i'm a college student though so if I can get it cheaper I would like to.

10. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

I wish i could find the emails on this but I ordered a 3rd party battery for my MacBook and it didn't fit my Mac...I mean physically. The plastic on it was messed up and when i put the battery I couldn't lock the unit in place by turning the round wheel thingy. I asked for a replacement and they refused. Rather then sending the battery back(a 1 month trip cause I'm deployed Army right now) i decided to shave the battery down a bit using a knife.

The cutting operation worked, but the battery is crap it discharges faster then my old one and get much warmer then the old one...

Buy genuine buddy...when i was in college I used to give blood plasma for money...just a thought...

11. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah plasma pays pretty well here.

was the battery you got made by apple or the third party? This claims to be an apple genuine product but I may just go with buying an apple one if I have to.