Which one has Better Battery 6 or 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Is there that much of a difference in battery from 6 to 6+? I like both but just not sure I can justify the cost difference between the 6 and 6+ so I may go with the 6 in 128, as I have a 5S right now and I am charging 2X a day between normal use and work email etc.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

6+ has a better battery because they put a larger one in the phone.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The 6 isn't not that much more than a new 5S while 6+ has close to twice the battery life.

Since the battery is important to you, get the 64GB 6+ instead of the 128GB 6. You can also get battery cases for the 6.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

There is a pretty significant difference. Having the same moderate usage I usually start my day at 5:00am and put my phone back on the charger around 10:00pm.

The 6 finishes with battery life in the low to middle teens. The 6+ is usually in the mid 30's to low 40s.

If you charge the 5S twice a day, expect to charge the 6 similarly.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

A new 6 will have better battery life than a year old 5S.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

nothing significant. I really think if you charge twice a day you will charge the 6 twice a day.

7. CEmajr macrumors 601

With the 5S I could make it from about 6am to 4pm before needing to charge.

With the 6 I could go from 6am to around 7pm.

With the 6+ I go from 6am to after midnight, if that before needing to charge.

8. TheDoubler55 macrumors 6502

TheDoubler55

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I think it also depends on what he means by twice a day.

If its at 10% by 3 then you are correct, but if its at 50% by 3 and he's just topping it off then he may only need to charge it once a day.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

very true. A lot of people are battery paranoid. I do not care if I end with 5%....just get me through the day!

11. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Yes it does. I'm getting almost 2 days with my Plus.

12. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I got the 5S in June of 2014 because my son needed a new phone so I gave him my 5, I have tried Android phones but too locked in and comfortable with iOS.

I leave at 0700 with a full charge and by 1500 Hours I have to hook to a charger around 20%, I bought a Mophie Dual Power Brick and top the phone off on my desk but 1600 Hours. When I go to bed around 2200 Hours, I am usually in need of charging around 20-30% again. I do not play games and barely look at FB so most of my Battery drain is due to several hundred work emails per day, sometimes I have to turn off Push.

I always question when someone says heavy or light use with their phones, however since I receive so much email I was thinking of the 128GB 6+ this way I can keep it 2 years and load all my music and apps, and hope to get better battery life.

I always read what Apple puts on their site for standby and usage but I do not think those are real world numbers, better off testing it all out myself.

I also want to mention I am on WiFi all the time at home, and 50% of my day at work, the rest is LTE or 4G. I am going to the Apple store tonight to see if they have a 6+ in 128GB Black this way I just do not need a tablet either.

13. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Here's the difference:

iPhone 6

Talk time: Up to 14 hours on 3G

Internet use: Up to 10 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 11 hours on Wi‑Fi

HD Video Playback: Up to 11 hours

Audio playback: Up to 50 hours

Standby time: Up to 10 days (250 hours)

iPhone 6 Plus

Talk time: Up to 24 hours on 3G

Internet use: Up to 12 hours on 3G, up to 12 hours on LTE, up to 12 hours on Wi‑Fi

HD Video Playback: Up to 14 hours

Audio playback: Up to 80 hours

Standby time: Up to 16 days (384 hours)

14. TechnicallyTee macrumors demi-god

TechnicallyTee

Do you guys have Find my iPhone enabled? Trying to see if that has an affect on battery life.

15. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Thanks (not really) for copying that from Apple. I'm sure the OP was looking for real world daily use. :p

16. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

6+ has the larger battery and should easily make it through the day. I have a 6 and am able to make it easily through the day with moderate usage. I find the battery life of the 6 to be sufficient, but if you are a heavy user than the 6+ might be best suited for you.

17. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Find My iPhone shouldn't affect daily usage much. It only uses energy when you're logged in and actively locating your phone, or at the very end of your battery life when your phone is about shut off (if you have the option enabled to automatically send locations when the battery gets low).

18. TechnicallyTee macrumors demi-god

TechnicallyTee

Ok cool thats what I was thinking as well. I usually always turn certain features and things off but I hate doing that sometimes so I just wanted to see what other people thought about either having it on or turning it off.

19. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I do have find my iPhone enabled. I have a lot of notifications turned off. I generally keep location services off. I also keep pushing email set to manual.

20. mizmimi02 macrumors 6502

mizmimi02

I take my phone off the charger around 6am or so, and when I put it back on the charger around 10:30-11pm, I have anywhere from 30-40% left. I am a moderate to heavy user, and do a lot of texting, and browsing. I love the battery life I get.