Which one is better for protection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pritz23, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Pritz23 macrumors member

Pritz23

which one is better to protect my MACBOOK PRO 13 Retina 2015 or its better of without them Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 9.57.59 PM.png

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You don't need any of those. Just don't download and install software from unknown sources.

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

The best protection of your MacBook is user. If you aren't safe then change the user. :p

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Ultimately, the big vulnerabilities affecting Macs require duping the user into making them work. Basically: Enter an admin password here to override safeties and install this malware that we're making you think is a good thing.

If you can dupe a user into doing that, you can probably also dupe a user into disabling malware protection to install the bad software. In fact, most of the time malware comes into a Mac based on an ad or pop tricking the user into thinking they already have a virus (when they don't) and this malware is actually some "mac cleaner" that will fix it.

The remaining problems - usually brought in by Adobe Flash bugs and OS vulnerabilities - are best fixed by patching the bugs. Malware scanners are limited in what they can do here, and require the vendor to issue definition updates... by which time Apple or Adobe have also put out their patch, fixing the source of the problem.

So bottom line: an educated user is the most effective anti-malware on Macs.

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

A lot of suspicious threads about 'anti-virus' and other nonsense apps on this forum lately.
    The Kies-App is for transfering files from android devices and the other two apps are a waste of ssd space.

6. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

FYI Adware Medic was purchased by Malwarebytes, so Malwarebytes for Mac is essentially the same as Adware Medic(I have run both, branding seems to be the main difference.)

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

None.

Use common sense when browsing the web, don't open weird emails or apps you did not knowingly download from a reputable source.

8. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

I use none what so ever. Learned this after getting my first Mac that I don't need it. Those that try them are noobies that have not been around the block with a Mac, and will try them and learn later they don't need them.

9. Pritz23 thread starter macrumors member

Pritz23

Thank you for the info guys really appreciate it... as for the kies app sorry about that i use that to transfer stuff from my note 4 android phone and once i get some money maybe i will get an iPhone but i really like that back botton on androids haha

10. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I use Dr Web Light anti virus app because I imported Windows 7 Outlook files into Apple Mail and Dr Web Light found 1.5 million viruses.