Which one is better Iphone 5C or 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mobileappdevelo, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mobileappdevelo macrumors newbie

Hello Guys,

This Christmas, I am planning to buy an iPhone but have to know which one is better between 5C & 5S? Please share your valuable feedback it would help me to buy the better one.

Thanks!

2. Jbenn425 macrumors regular

Thank you for starting a thread with this question, because you are the first one. No one has asked this question before.

3. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I prefer 5c for the color and design but that my opinion... Don't let anyone change yours, go with your gut feeling because u will have the phone for 2+ years most likely...

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The 5s has a faster processor and GPU, TouchID, the M7 coprocessor, slim aluminum chassis and is available in a 64GB variant.

The 5c will cost $100 less for the same capacity, and it has a nice colorful plastics chassis.

There are lots of threads about this already so I'll just say pick the one you like and buy it.

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Each has advantages and disadvantages.

I suppose the 5C has a few more* than the 5S.

*Depending on your take, "advantages" or, "disadvantages".

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If money is no object, which it seems it isn't based on how the question is worded, I wouldn't look at anything other than the 5S. I can think of only two reasons to grab the 5C. The first is price, but we have eliminated that as a factor. The second is looks. This is subjective and what I think here really shouldn't matter to anyone else.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think the 5c looks better, but the 5s is better equipped (faster, better camera/flash, Touch ID)

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You're essentially asking us to tell you which one is better so that you can buy with confidence and later on not regret your choice.

It's not a matter of what's better. It's a matter of what works for you and what YOU like.

Make your own choice. You'll be more comfortable with it then letting us make it for you. All we can do is tell you the basic specs and what it is we like or hate about each model.

But whatever we think is irrelevant because it's not us that will be using your new phone – it's you.

9. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

You're gonna have to define "better".

Regardless, I'm sure everyone would agree the 5S is the "better" phone, aside from haters or delusional people.

10. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Look at my sig...I got the 5S not the 5C...IMAO, the 5S is definitely a better phone. Like iPodJedi mentioned youll have the phone long term so make sure you get one that will last longer.

11. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

12. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

define "better"... if you want faster processor and latest tech then 5S. If you want cheaper price (savings of $100-$150 then you want the 5C.

The 5C is the iPhone 5, more or less. The only improvement is the front facing camera... and that's very slightly.

5S has faster processor, better rear camera w/ dual flash (one warm, one cool), slow motion video, slightly better battery life and the gimmicky TouchID sensor (which I turned off).

----------

You could, just answer his question in less words than you wrote.

13. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

5S

There I made the decision for you, now when you have buyers remorse you can blame me.

14. nigelly macrumors regular

nigelly

why did you turn it off? Did it not work very well? I was going to go for a 5s over the 5c based on the fingerprint scanner, but if it doesn't work that well, maybe not.

15. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

It works... and some would say well. I personally don't like it. It takes the same amount of time for me to enter the 4 digit code as it does to hold my finger down on the sensor. I also prefer my phone to NOT need a code for the first 5 min. I have a tendency to lock and unlock my phone multiple times in a one minute span and the fingerprint sensor requires you to always lock with pass code. So for me it's just not a good fit. I have it set for my iTunes passcode though.

16. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

You're gonna have to define "better".

Regardless, I'm sure everyone would agree the 5C is the "better" phone, aside from haters or delusional people.

17. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Are you a developer or are you advertising for a developer?

18. 617aircav Suspended

The 5s. Its the superior, most advanced and more expensive model.

19. rasputinj macrumors regular

Seems like the answer is easy the 5s is better. What is better for you is different. Are the differences between the 5s and 5c worth $100? I would think it would be. I have both phones 5c for work and 5s personal phone. I prefer the 5s.