Which One Is Right?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Austin2048, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

hey huys, i have this battery theme on my iPod Touch called Numeric Battery. it just displays the percent of battery i have when charging. i also have the little battery in the upper right corner to be a number. when my iPod is charging i notice these 2 numbers arent alwas the same. see:

the number at the top says 37 but the theme battery says 50%

[​IMG]

which number is right? i dont wanna get rid of the theme cuz i love how its simple and all the battery themes i found that show a number do the same

2. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I'm 99% sure the one in the corner is right... There's probably a certain percentage that pertains to each of the battery icons when it is charging, making it extremely inaccurate.

3. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

ok, thanks. does that mean that all battery themes are inaccurate?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes. Battery themes work by having pictures showing the battery percentage, and swapping them out depending on the battery level. In order to be accurate, it'll take a 100 picutres. Most battery themes either use 20 pictures, showing the battery level in 5% increments, or 10, showing the level in 10% increments.

5. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

damn... that sucks. well this battery says like 68 and stuff like that. its not just 10, 20, 30, etc

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The battery levels are just an estimate anyway, so the battery theme could be using a different way to estimate the level than the app that displays the battery number in the status bar. I mean, sometimes I'm charging my iPod, see the battery level is 100 on both the status bar and theme, unplug it and immediately the battery level drops to 98, 97. Other times I unplug, play some music, play some games, and the battery level keeps reading 100 for the first half hour.