Which one of these RAM Modules is best for Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vader1990, Sep 28, 2008.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Smurfed macrumors regular

I'd personally go for the mushkin, since they've lowered the price on it about 3 times now. :)

4. AquaMethod macrumors member

I've only had experience with Apple stock RAM and the Corsair 4GB kit, so I can't speak to the quality of the RAM itself; I have seen tests that show the OCZ to be pretty good, though.

The most important aspects of this purchase are how long the rebate takes, and what the return policy is. Try to look around; you should be able to find at least the return policy on the sites you check.

One thing about having 4GB of RAM is knowing how to use it—just leave applications running. Any and all of them that you might use throughout the day. You can close their windows or hide them, but don't quit them. That's how 4GB of RAM makes your computer "faster"—by letting you keep more in memory at once. Having a lot of apps running doesn't really affect your processor: the idle loops of most apps won't even be noticeable. So use all of that memory! And of course, if you're doing virtualization, you'll notice an immediate benefit.