Which one should I buy?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by goastrydur, Apr 11, 2013.

1. goastrydur macrumors newbie

I currently have a 2.4 Macbook unibody 2.4 ghz that has a bad battery and the airport has issues from time to time. I also have iPad2. I'm thinking about buying macbook air 11 inch with 128gb or a retina iPad or a iPad mini. I just do basic stuff day to day and thought about getting something that was mobile. What do you guys recommend?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Keep in mind that getting a retina iPad or a mini won't give you any additional functionality over the iPad 2. You'd just be able to do the same things on a nicer screen (retina iPad) or a more compact and portable device (mini). So think hard about everything you do on your MacBook and ask yourself if there is anything you do that can't be done on the iPad. If you are sure that you can do everything you need to do on your iPad, then go ahead and upgrade your iPad. if you find that there are some things you can't do on the iPad, then you need a MacBook.

3. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

ipad

personally i would get the mac book air only because of the hard drive size and ability to type fast on the keys..good luck on the decision its a win win either way