Which one to buy? Pro, not Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dedalus, Jun 6, 2007.

1. dedalus macrumors member

Hi,

I am now looking at MBP or MB (black one most likely).

I use the computer to surf, word processing, email, download music and store my kids pics.

What do you think?

Thanks for your opinion.

Manuel

2. elithrar macrumors 6502

elithrar

If you're not doing graphically intensive tasks, don't need the extra screen real-estate and want something a little smaller, the MacBook will be fine. Option it with 2GB of RAM and it will make an excellent web- & photo- box.

3. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

I think a Macbook will suit your needs perfectly. Colour choice for and the premium for the black is upto you.

Get your Ram 3rd Party though from somewhere like Crucial. You can now get a 2x1Gb kit for £54!

4. munckee macrumors 65816

5. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

6. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

One more vote for the MacBook.

Unless you're doing a lot of heavy-duty Photo or Video work (Photoshop/Final Cut), the regular MacBook will suit your needs just fine -- as was suggested, spend some of the money you save on memory, but not from Apple -- check www.DealRAM.com for the best prices (OWC offers rebates if you trade-in your OEM memory on an upgrade).

7. Igantius macrumors 65816

Actually, the MB is fine for those too. If you're heavily using an app in editing like Motion, then a MBP would be a better purchase, although it is do-able with a MB.

But it's a bit of moot point, as given what the OP stated his needs were, he's unlikely to be doing this.

8. Illicit macrumors 6502

a powerbook g4 from the refurbished store is loads cheaper than a brand new MB and will handle all of your listed needs perfectly.

9. dedalus thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the advice...

of course I didn't listen to y'all...:D :D :p :p :p

Got the 15 inch MBP 2.4ghz...

Thanks anyway though for trying to make me save some money!!!!!!!:p :p :p

10. munckee macrumors 65816

:confused: The powerbooks in the refurb store all cost more than a new MB (at least every time I've looked at them). And if you compare them to a refurb macbook, then the difference is even larger.