Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dexterie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
BE, EU
ok, probably one more asking the same thing...

I have an iPad mini 4 that is getting slower and I want to upgrade to a bigger display.
Should I buy the new iPad, the pro 10.5 or get/wait for a 9.7 refurbished or in some sort of promotion?

What bothers me with the "normal" ipad is the display. People say it's quite bad as it isn't laminated and I'm afraid I'll notice it (and the air gap) as I'm coming from a mini 4... I checked it at the store and, even though I can see the difference, don't know how it can be in real life...

I'd need something with at leas 128 gb and I don't care much about the keyboard nor the pencil.

I'll be mostly for media consumption and quick text/photo editing and browsing/social network.

Thanks guys!

Edit: and yeah, the dilemma comes from the price difference...I just can't seem to justify the difference. Maybe future-proofing?

dexterie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
BE, EU
So, this morning I was at the office and decided to call the local Apple Store. "We don't have it in stock right now, but we're receiving stuff today. Call back in one hour." Looked at the time, and "in one hour" would fall on my lunch break. BAM... Went to the store and got the 10.5" 256Gb. It was a lot of money, but I'm hoping it will last many, good, years. The A10X and the 4Gb RAM should help.

I didn't have much time to play with it, but it's so smooth and responsive! And I like the speakers a lot (even though I noticed the same "issue" more people mentioned about the volume not being linear). The display is... stunning.

And for some reason, I'm feeling "creative" and willing to go back to my old drawing habits and so. Let's see... :)

So, if you're on the fence and can afford, go for the new Pro. I think you'll be very happy.

Reactions: ninaco
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.